That's the last time I buy video games at Gamestop

#1WolkenritterPosted 7/16/2013 6:32:18 PM
I bought SMT IV but when I got home and went to enter the Club Nintendo code it said that it was already used. I was worried that I was going to lose out on the $30 promotion but luckily Nintendo has friendly customer service and after a phone call I was able to get the $30 eshop credit.
---
The end of everything, the beginning of one thing.
#2OoSubaruoOPosted 7/16/2013 6:33:03 PM
Um, it isn't Gamestop's fault. Everyone so far has posted this.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#3PressRestartPosted 7/16/2013 6:36:25 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...

Who's fault is it then?
I got my preorder from Amazon, and the code was perfect.
Albeit the packaging pretty much ravaged my slip case, but the code worked.
---
The False Prophet of the Nintendo 3DS Board.
#4Baha05Posted 7/16/2013 6:37:07 PM
Do people really not understand that with a deal like this that maybe, just maybe there will be a LARGE influx of people trying to access the site thus there being a major issue with entering codes?
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#5OoSubaruoOPosted 7/16/2013 6:38:29 PM
PressRestart posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

Who's fault is it then?
I got my preorder from Amazon, and the code was perfect.
Albeit the packaging pretty much ravaged my slip case, but the code worked.

You do understand, that people have reported Amazon orders to be having this issue as well? With a promotion like this going on, I'm not surprised there's issues.

People always jump down on Gamestop is to be blamed. Use common sense.
---
#6MetalGearOnAcidPosted 7/16/2013 6:38:42 PM
PressRestart, there are people here who got theirs off Amazon and still had the same problem. So get off your high horse.
---
Friend code: 4699-5979-0399
#7PressRestartPosted 7/16/2013 6:41:15 PM
MetalGearOnAcid posted...
PressRestart, there are people here who got theirs off Amazon and still had the same problem. So get off your high horse.

I've seen mainly Gamestop complaints.
I'm starting to think maybe the people are just reading the codes wrong, or getting too excited and mistaking an O for an 0.
---
The False Prophet of the Nintendo 3DS Board.
#8OoSubaruoOPosted 7/16/2013 6:42:13 PM
PressRestart posted...
MetalGearOnAcid posted...

I'm starting to think maybe the people are just reading the codes wrong, or getting too excited and mistaking an O for an 0.

Lol, no. With a promotion like this going on, people are obviously going to run into issues. Just stop already.
---
#9enigmamjPosted 7/16/2013 6:43:02 PM
I am fortunate to have a Gamestop near me with outstanding staff. They are just like any large retail chain. Many good stores but also some that are below average.
#10Baha05Posted 7/16/2013 6:43:36 PM
PressRestart posted...

No just no. Common sense says that this promotion is huge so the site will have issues. It's like trying to access Steam during the Summer Sales right now. You are bound to have down time.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy