Should I play Fire Emblem Awakening or SMT IV first?

#1L3THALaSSclOwnPosted 7/17/2013 6:28:00 PM
Just got both and have never played either series, which game should I play first? Also been playing Animal Crossing today and really enjoy it. New to a lot of these series.
#2SchrientPosted 7/17/2013 6:33:18 PM
SMT IV has a bit of a hard start but once your character dies twice you could change to easy mode. I didn't and just gave it another try, and have been doing good with it.

So far I think FE:A has a better storyline but I am farther in it than the other one.
I guess if you want turn based battles go for SMT IV and if you want more one on one strategy per battle try FE:A. Lots of characters to choose from as well.

Both games are fun.
---
Karneval is so cute
#3zaingasmPosted 7/17/2013 6:35:13 PM
Basically what the poster above said, if you prefer turn based RPG's more, play SMT first. If you like strategy RPG's, play Fire Emblem first.

I have beaten Fire Emblem about 3 times, and it's fun every time. Obviously, I'm on my first run on SMT4, but so far I'm enjoying it very much.

Both are great games, so just make sure to play them both!
---
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913 [PSN:ZainEatsAirplane]
Official Glaceon of the Pokemon X Boards
#4EnlinoPosted 7/17/2013 6:40:52 PM
Despite the genre names, SMT will take much more strategy than Awakening. Fire emblem is more casual (not that that's a bad thing). They're both good games so you can't really go wrong.

Personally, I would recommend SMT first. It has four endings and a new game+, so you can easily play though it multiple times. Personally I like to take a break after beating a 40+ hour game before starting it again, so you could play though Awakening before you do NG+.
#5Semi45aPosted 7/17/2013 6:54:53 PM
FE can be completed in under 8 hours. I suggest you get it out of your system and finish that first
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#6YomerodesPosted 7/17/2013 7:57:40 PM
Shin Megami Tensei IV is offering free and discounted DLC for a limited time, so you might want to play the game just enough to download it, if only to get the free goodies before they start asking money for them.
Curiosuly enough, Fire EMblem also had discounted DLC during the launch window, but that was a long time ago, right now all the DLC is full price.