StreetPass Enhancement coming sooner than expected!

#1StreetPasserPosted 7/18/2013 9:56:16 AM
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=39817

Nintendo Zone StreetPass Enhancement: In a few weeks, Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to visit any Nintendo Zone location to have virtual StreetPass encounters with other Nintendo 3DS owners in a relay format. Whenever a Nintendo 3DS owner goes to a Nintendo Zone location and has the StreetPass feature enabled, they will be able to StreetPass with the last person to visit that location. This enhancement gives everyone more opportunities to StreetPass with other players. Best of all, visitors will be able to get StreetPass data for all their StreetPass games at once. There are more than 29,000 Nintendo Zone locations across North America at locations like Best Buy, Simon Malls, Future Shop and at AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspots, which can be found at places like Starbucks, McDonalds, Barnes & Noble and AT&T retail stores, among others. In addition to StreetPass, Nintendo 3DS owners can connect their systems to the Internet for online play, Nintendo eShop shopping or just to check for SpotPass data or system updates.

So, we get this in a few weeks rather than "fall." AWESOME!!
#2The Blob2000Posted 7/18/2013 10:01:19 AM(edited)
Only with the last person to visit? So only one streetpass instead of all people that visited that location in the last week or something? Not as awesome as I was hoping. Still, better than nothing.
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#3AncientRomeBCPosted 7/18/2013 10:29:14 AM
The Blob2000 posted...
Only with the last person to visit? So only one streetpass instead of all people that visited that location in the last week or something? Not as awesome as I was hoping. Still, better than nothing.

yea sucks only 1 person at a time but theres like 8 nintendozones on my way home so im happy if it works well
---
3DS XL 1005-9454-8172
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Caesar
#4SaraAB87Posted 7/18/2013 10:52:35 AM
I figured this is the way it would work, nintendo never said anything about getting multiple passes per location per day. Hopefully someone else passes the location after me so I can get their data next time. its also especially handy since Nintendo Zone locations block streepasses unless both systems are closed and in sleep mode and even then it may block the passes. This will fix that.

Hopefully its one pass per location as I know of several places that have many of these hotspots that would be very easy to hit them all at once and load up.

They also need to get to work on updating demo units with the latest puzzles, if they did that then streetpass would get much better.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87
#5Akira1256Posted 7/18/2013 11:33:51 AM
SaraAB87 posted...
They also need to get to work on updating demo units with the latest puzzles, if they did that then streetpass would get much better.

That's up to whoever's running the demo units, not Nintendo. My local GameStop and Target's 3DSes still think there are only six puzzles, for example. :(
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#6SaraAB87Posted 7/18/2013 12:02:12 PM
Most of the demo units here have only the first 2 puzzles

What I am saying is Nintendo should have a cartridge and just stick it in each system to update it and update it with at least some of the puzzle pieces for each puzzle. This is because most of the locations that have demo units do not have Wifi.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87
#7Akira1256Posted 7/18/2013 12:08:35 PM
Nintendo apparently does package system firmware updates with some of its games; you can't run the games unless you update the 3DS to at least the system firmware version included with the game. I'd have thought Luigi's Mansion would be one of those games, though (the local stores run LM, but still have only the first six puzzles).

We've had at least one person here (on the GFAQs forums) manually update a store's 3DS using his phone's Internet connection, however, so there's that. :|
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#8Master XPosted 7/18/2013 12:16:12 PM
I'm sure Nintendo already thought about this but; what if you were the last person to visit it? Is this a potential to possibly Streetpass...yourself? <_<
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#9WitchBaby4200Posted 7/18/2013 12:23:19 PM
Wow. Funny as I JUST heard about this a few days ago and made a post about it. I was assuming October, but this is even better! My other question regarding this new system was if I would be able to get more than 1 SP, like person A, B, C and I'm person D. Would I get A,B, and C? Nope. Apparently not. I kind of figured that wouldn't happen. It would be too easy. Lol. So will this be at EVERY McDonald's, etc? I had heard that only a certain number of BB's have Nintendo Zone, but I've been lucky that the 2 in my area have them. I'm REALLY excited for this.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#10keyblader1985Posted 7/19/2013 1:51:26 PM
"A few weeks" isn't technically any closer than "fall" though. We could still get this sometime in October.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai