Which Mega Man game should I download?

#51n00bsaib0tPosted 7/18/2013 1:40:35 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
MMPU is canon. It replaces MM1. It was supposed to be a series and replace 1-6 actually.

It didn't replace 1. And it didn't become a series.

It was a one-off.

I never said it became a series. It and MHX were supposed to start a series of remakes for classic and X but due to poor sales they were scrapped. Hence the words "was supposed to be".
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#52SigmaHacielPosted 7/18/2013 1:41:44 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
MMPU is canon. It replaces MM1. It was supposed to be a series and replace 1-6 actually.

It was a one-off.

I never said it became a series. It and MHX were supposed to start a series of remakes for classic and X but due to poor sales they were scrapped. Hence the words "was supposed to be".

Then not canon either.

Besides that, really only ONE thing changed in MHX. Do you even know what "remake" is supposed to result in?
---
Don't like my opinion? Gosick. There is a reason it is MY opinion and not yours.
#53n00bsaib0tPosted 7/18/2013 1:50:27 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

It was a one-off.

Then not canon either.

Besides that, really only ONE thing changed in MHX. Do you even know what "remake" is supposed to result in?

Remaking is remaking. They built an engine, models, etc from the ground up. They added Vile as a playable character too and he isn't anything like X. What do you think a remake is supposed to result in? I think you're thinking of a reboot, that's where they change things. Remakes are done to update a game, and supersede the original much like the Resident Evil remake.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#54MegaMettaurPosted 7/18/2013 2:18:09 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

But it never did. The only things still canon about MMPU are Oil and Time Man. They were originally supposed to be in the game, but they didn't have the space to keep them in and still have a quality game. That's why MM1 only has 6 robot masters instead of 8.
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#55Anarchy-182Posted 7/18/2013 2:30:31 PM
I got megaman 2 and its the first megaman game ive played, ive enjoyed it but not completed it yet, also apparently megaman 3 is good so get whichever one you think you will like better, look at some reviews if you need help.
#56WhyitEarpPosted 7/18/2013 2:32:07 PM
Without a doubt 2, one of the greates NES games ever. 3 is second best
#57VyersPosted 7/18/2013 2:39:58 PM
WhyitEarp posted...

I'd hardly say without a doubt. 2, while the best, is also too easy with all the tools it offers, and very unbalanced.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#58SigmaHacielPosted 7/18/2013 2:42:21 PM
Vyers posted...
WhyitEarp posted...

I'd hardly say without a doubt. 2, while the best, is also too easy with all the tools it offers, and very unbalanced.

You mean the metal blade that only works on about 1/2 the things anyone would want it to?

A weapon they tried repeating in the next two games but failed miserably at?
---
Don't like my opinion? Gosick. There is a reason it is MY opinion and not yours.
#59MegaMettaurPosted 7/18/2013 2:50:39 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

It was a one-off.

Then not canon either.

Remaking is remaking. They built an engine, models, etc from the ground up. They added Vile as a playable character too and he isn't anything like X. What do you think a remake is supposed to result in? I think you're thinking of a reboot, that's where they change things. Remakes are done to update a game, and supersede the original much like the Resident Evil remake.

Both MMPU and MHX are reboots. Mega Man isn't supposed to know who Proto Man is until Mega Man 3.

MHX's storyline is completely different than Mega Man X's.
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#60SigmaHacielPosted 7/18/2013 2:55:38 PM
MegaMettaur posted...

MHX's storyline is completely different than Mega Man X's.

I dunno if I could say that considering, again, the only change is Zero's final scene in the game.

Everything else is basically spot-on. Tho they did sort of polish up the origin of the Mavericks from the X4 scene.
---