Should I play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on my new 3DS XL?

#1mtKing52Posted 7/18/2013 8:36:03 PM
On my previous 3DS XL, it had no stuck pixels until I got LM: DM and it got 3 of them. Now that I exchanged my XL for a new one, I don't want to take the risk and get even more stuck pixels. I'm probably just overreacting due to my previous XL being defective but I really don't want any stuck pixels.
---
PSN: mtKing52
3DS FC: 4012-4229-1480
#2Watt64Posted 7/18/2013 8:37:41 PM
mtKing52 posted...
On my previous 3DS XL, it had no stuck pixels until I got LM: DM and it got 3 of them. Now that I exchanged my XL for a new one, I don't want to take the risk and get even more stuck pixels. I'm probably just overreacting due to my previous XL being defective but I really don't want any stuck pixels.

I don't think a game can cause that... But if it happens again, maybe your new 3ds xl is also defective? I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#3mtKing52(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 8:41:41 PM
Watt64 posted...
mtKing52 posted...

I don't think a game can cause that... But if it happens again, maybe your new 3ds xl is also defective? I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

All I know was that on my old XL, there was no stuck pixel until I played LM:DM and after that I noticed 3 of them.
---
#4Watt64Posted 7/18/2013 8:44:14 PM
mtKing52 posted...
Watt64 posted...
mtKing52 posted...

All I know was that on my old XL, there was no stuck pixel until I played LM:DM and after that I noticed 3 of them.

I understood what you meant. What I didn't understand was what happened.
---
#5jedinatPosted 7/18/2013 8:47:00 PM(edited)
Again, there is no possible way for any specific game to damage your screen over any other specific game...

Say you're chopping carrots and thinking about unicorns and chop off your finger... It's like you're asking if from then on you shouldn't think about unicorns for fear of more fingers coming off.
#6Watt64Posted 7/18/2013 8:47:37 PM
jedinat posted...
Again, there is no possible way for any specific game to damage your screen over any other specific game...

If you're chopping carrots and thinking about unicorns and chop of your finger... It's like you're asking if from then on you shouldn't think about unicorns for fear of more fingers coming off.

That's a strange analogy. ^~^
---
#7mtKing52(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 10:50:09 PM
jedinat posted...

Say you're chopping carrots and thinking about unicorns and chop off your finger... It's like you're asking if from then on you shouldn't think about unicorns for fear of more fingers coming off.

Then explain why I had no stuck pixels until I played the game on my old XL.
---
#8jedinatPosted 7/18/2013 11:12:06 PM
mtKing52 posted...
jedinat posted...

I think I explained that. Your XL maimed itself without regard for which game you were playing. It felt so inclined to stick its pixels that it would have done so had you instead been playing Hanna Montana: Horse Fashion.
#9Starwars4JPosted 7/19/2013 12:29:37 AM
mtKing52 posted...

You already answered it:

You simply didn't notice them until that time. They might have been there for some time, or maybe they were new and it just so happened to be a coincidence. Hard to grasp, huh? :(
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10BuretsuPosted 7/19/2013 12:30:43 AM
Starwars4J posted...
mtKing52 posted...

You already answered it:

You simply didn't notice them until that time. They might have been there for some time, or maybe they were new and it just so happened to be a coincidence. Hard to grasp, huh? :(

Come on. Everyone knows correlation is causation.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit