Atlus being sold off. Bids begin next week.

#181hyperdimeduckPosted 7/19/2013 7:44:55 PM
abbyhitter posted...
I want Nintendo to buy Atlus so that FE x SMT comes out on Wii U only.

It probably will anyway considering Fire Emblem is a Nintendo property. Unless you were joking.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Jack Frost of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#182Monkmaster79Posted 7/19/2013 8:32:27 PM
Ragnawind posted...
As was stated earlier, it would be a bad idea for Atlus to become a first-party dev fr any console maker. 3rd-party developers seem to always do better when they have more freedomm in what platforms they can work with.

They're a 3rd party now and they're still choosing Nintendo consoles to develop for.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#183Emerald_MeliosPosted 7/19/2013 8:47:55 PM
Monkmaster79 posted...
Ragnawind posted...
As was stated earlier, it would be a bad idea for Atlus to become a first-party dev fr any console maker. 3rd-party developers seem to always do better when they have more freedomm in what platforms they can work with.

They're a 3rd party now and they're still choosing Nintendo consoles to develop for.

Indeed, and even if they were acquired by something Marvelous AQL, they still may decide to develop games exclusively for Nintendo systems. They know where their fanbase is now (and it's not really on Sony systems anymore).
#184ZendaikPosted 7/19/2013 8:54:39 PM
man_of_power05 posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
Zendaik posted...
This is false.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71501196&postcount=121

"This is not correct. Next week, they will be having another round of bids for their sponsor. They're not going up for sale.
There's speculation that they'll have everything decided by early September. But this is not a significant update. Nothing to panic about."

I've posted this twice and yet it still gets ignored by everyone in this thread. -_-

because what's the proof? a post by a random person? is this a representative from altus? or index? everyone else is reporting that atlus is being sold off too so instead of posting a quote from one person, try posting something meaningful

A case of bad journalism. They're all quoting the same source, which is wrong. And aeana from GAF actually reads Japanese (and has connections to Atlus, though I think that's beside the point in this case). She's more trustworthy than the source that's being quoted.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
PSN ID: KirolosF
#185SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/19/2013 9:22:43 PM
Kenaue posted...
mtjormitch posted...
Kenaue posted...
to support the platform that demands everything to be cinematic at the cost of gameplay.

that's one of the dumbest things I've read today.

Since The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite, story hating gamers are coming out in droves to fight against video games maturing. I am actually not joking. I wish I was. They are basically the same kind of people that hated movies like Citizens Kane back when it came out before they ended up dying and the movie industry being SO much better for it.

I mean, it's one thing to say a game is too cinematic for your personal tastes, but I felt TLOU had a very satisfying amount of gameplay, same with Bioshock Infinite.

I actually finally got it tonight and I really hope the gameplay picks up soon, because I've just gotten up to when you meet Ellie and it's been SOOOOO dull so far.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#186RagnawindPosted 7/20/2013 10:56:36 PM
Monkmaster79 posted...
Ragnawind posted...

They aren't developing solely for Nintendo. They are also developing for PS3/X360, PC, and mobile platforms (smart phones).
#187mikebrand83Posted 7/21/2013 2:04:59 AM
Ragnawind posted...
Monkmaster79 posted...

They aren't developing solely for Nintendo. They are also developing for PS3/X360, PC, and mobile platforms (smart phones).

Publish =/= Develop

The only game developed by Atlus on the Xbox 360 and PS3 was Cathrine, the only game developed by Atlus for the PS Vita was P4: Golden, and the only games Atlus have developed for the PC in recent years have been browser games.
#188The_DjokerPosted 7/21/2013 2:08:58 PM
mikebrand83 posted...
Ragnawind posted...
Monkmaster79 posted...

Publish =/= Develop

The only game developed by Atlus on the Xbox 360 and PS3 was Cathrine, the only game developed by Atlus for the PS Vita was P4: Golden, and the only games Atlus have developed for the PC in recent years have been browser games.

3DS is the n1 selling hardware in Japan so most JPN devs will support 3DS. IT's got nothing to do with which company. Atlus aren't NIS. They don't bum one company for the sake of it.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png