Finally Got Around to Playing Oracle of Ages

#61SMASHKING84Posted 7/21/2013 8:29:03 AM
IrateGameFAQer posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
drcossack posted...
i cannot stand ages they ruined a perfectly good game by FORCING you to play the goron dance minigame.

On an actual GBC, this could be an issue, but even then, it really isn't. Learn to hear the rhythm better. The A & B buttons have their own sounds, and you can also time the pauses (or lack of) between the beats of the dance steps. I had trouble with it until I calmed down and decided to actually pay attention - as a long-time instrumentalist, I have a very well trained ear (not that it's a requirement for a short video game puzzle sequence), so it made it easier.

For me, the worst part of Ages was Jabu-Jabu, but then, I hated its predecessor dungeons in OoT & MM as well - OoT Jabu-Jabu/the Water Temple, and Great Bay Temple SUCKED. What is it with the Zelda series and annoying-as-**** water-themed dungeons?

ok explain this then. the goron does bba i do EXACTLY bba and the final "a" he says "wrong move"
so i retry using save states i try pressing bbb and still "wrong move"

it's flaw gameplay because it's CLEARLY glitched.

LOL glitched? Far from it. I'll be the first to tell you I absolutely DESPISE the Goron dance sequence, and practically gave up on the cart game. Beat it emulated, and of course 3DS/save states.

You were more than likely off tune/off rhythm. The minigame has less to do w/ button presses and more to do with listening. Unlike the Suborain dance where you can press buttons till the cows come home.

no the right timing is 3 seconds between a and b i counted how long it was with he showed me the example. trust i know how to measure 3 seconds,you literally count to 3
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. Razieru,mariofan15,and any igenesis alts
#62thetoughkidPosted 7/21/2013 9:00:49 AM
I love the Oracle games but I agree with TC about CI being boring and poor game-design.
---
3DS FC: 4656 - 6217 - 3476 PSN: Dupichos
Official douchebag of which ever board im on.
#63Gandalf the IstariPosted 7/21/2013 12:42:25 PM
You're mistake was trying to be rational with Zelda fans.

Avoid avoid avoid.
#64zinformantPosted 7/21/2013 12:48:26 PM
Crescent Island is antiplayer and a bit irritating (who really likes having everything taken away and having to go through the trouble to get it all back?), but it's not bad by any game design standards. In fact, it's carefully designed such that there are only a couple different orders you can get your items back, and you cannot get the 'good ones' until getting the junk back first. What you should have appreciated from the experience, if not how it was designed, is watching the island change from past to present. That is what this game is all about. The Scent Seedling growing into a tree is just but one example. That and getting your 'hoop' back is mildly humorous, where the game is softer on humor than LA.

Lastly, whenever someone talks up Ages, I really do not believe they pictured Crescent Island in their heads as representative of why they loved the game. I know I don't.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Ocean should not derail the train.
#65Godstriker8Posted 7/21/2013 12:56:24 PM
I hate this fanbase.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#66SMASHKING84Posted 7/21/2013 2:47:55 PM
CI reminds me of something in skyward sword you lose all your weapons and have to get them back.
i would compare it to the forsaken fortress but at THAT point in the game all you have is a sword and a shield and you KEEP your sheild.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. Razieru,mariofan15,and any igenesis alts
#67KaspaUFgatorPosted 7/21/2013 3:09:24 PM
WhiteTigerShiro posted...
I dunno, after all the hype surrounding Ages and Seasons, I have to say that I'm not impressed. Having just cleared the third dungeon, the game so far has been a tedious slog through yawn-worthy dungeons, with obnoxious fetch quests in between; especially Crescent Island. Apparently being able to just pause the game to access a different item is too convenient, so let's design an area that's focused around needing one of two items that can only be swapped-out by slowly walking to the other side of the island. There were honestly cases where the boring slog to the trader to get the other item that I noticed I need in this cave were so mindless that I honestly forgot which area on this uninteresting island it was that I needed the item, then needed to explore to figure out where it was and why I needed it... only to stumble on a cave that needed the OTHER item.

The game is just filled with poorly-implemented fetch quests to try and pad-out the length, a story that fails to make you feel invested in it, and dungeons that fail to give that delightful sense of satisfaction that you get from clearing dungeons in other Zelda titles; even the original Zelda's dungeons that are as basic as you can get with little to no puzzle-solving felt good to clear.

So why do these games get so much hype despite having so little right about them?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when 2 games get released side by side and are not just different versions but different games? I think they did a great job and these are two good entries into the series.
---
Gators, Yankees, Jets, and Knicks!!
#68WhiteTigerShiro(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 6:55:08 PM
Gandalf the Istari posted...

Avoid avoid avoid.
I'd it's less that they're Zelda fans and more that they're gamers. It's hard to find intelligent, rational conversation in the gaming community in general.
---
"Not all who wander are lost."
#69Mariofan15Posted 7/21/2013 6:56:52 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
I hate this fanbase.

Why? Because not everyone feels the same way the TC feels? Or blames the game for a fault it had nothing to do with?
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:2452-5385-5607
#70zinformantPosted 7/21/2013 7:00:37 PM
WhiteTigerShiro posted...
Gandalf the Istari posted...

Avoid avoid avoid.
I'd it's less that they're Zelda fans and more that they're gamers. It's hard to find intelligent, rational conversation in the gaming community in general.

You're discussing with the wrong folks, then. And the system board certainly is not the place to look.

It should go without saying you weren't looking for a discussion so much as seeking out an avenue to rant.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Ocean should not derail the train.