Most overrated 3DS/DS game?

#141thetoughkidPosted 7/21/2013 9:37:32 AM
Dormmamu posted...
Man, there are a lot of people with bad taste on this board. The most overrated 3ds game by far would be Super Mario 3D Land. Mediocre at best in a situation where a 3d Mario game should never find itself: On a handheld system. NSMB2 was even better than 3D Land.

I've played every North American Fire Emblem game at release, and can say without a doubt that Awakening takes the cake for the best installment. It 100% deserves every bit of praise it gets; everything it did outshone any other game in the series. I did give up on Kid Icarus before I beat it, but can definitely say that I can see where others would enjoy it a lot.

At least no one has tried to bash Donkey Kong Returns yet.

LOL NSMB2 is better than 3D Land?

Your taste = horrible.

NSMB2 is the worst, most pathetic rehash title ive ever played.
---
3DS FC: 4656 - 6217 - 3476 PSN: Dupichos
Official douchebag of which ever board im on.
#142SMASHKING84Posted 7/21/2013 11:12:48 AM
thetoughkid posted...
Dormmamu posted...
Man, there are a lot of people with bad taste on this board. The most overrated 3ds game by far would be Super Mario 3D Land. Mediocre at best in a situation where a 3d Mario game should never find itself: On a handheld system. NSMB2 was even better than 3D Land.

I've played every North American Fire Emblem game at release, and can say without a doubt that Awakening takes the cake for the best installment. It 100% deserves every bit of praise it gets; everything it did outshone any other game in the series. I did give up on Kid Icarus before I beat it, but can definitely say that I can see where others would enjoy it a lot.

Your taste = horrible.

3d land is JUST as bad as far as lack of innovation.
the difference is of the two games at least nsmb 2 DOES NOT have it's second half just be copy pasted levels from earlier in the game. world 9-16 are PATHETIC they only exist to pad the game
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. Razieru,mariofan15,and any igenesis alts
#143kilaudePosted 7/21/2013 11:33:24 AM
Ocarina of time
#144StephenYap3Posted 7/21/2013 11:36:53 AM
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. The game was okay at best. Compared to other Mario games on 3DS, I'd put this at the bottom of my list.
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#145TheLastBladePosted 7/21/2013 11:48:52 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
marioparty17 posted...
YinYarn posted...
I'll give this my best shot.

DS:
Dragon Quest V. People like the game for its story, but the story sucks.
Dragon Quest IX. I enjoyed playing through the story, but most praise is directed at the post game and optional content. I couldn't touch that if people paid me.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series. It's good, but I don't understand how it's become such a phenomenon. I'm willing to believe it's just me and my strange tastes, but that doesn't make it any less surprising.

3DS:
Kid Icarus Uprising. The game is great, but it didn't wow me.
Super Mario 3D Land. Overrated is probably the wrong word here. I just hate the game and I'm mad at people for liking it.

TheLastBlade posted...
Runner Up: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Not finished yet, but it's already committing the sins in RPGs. The difficulty is set, unless you die a lot. This is NOT good game design.

You must not like JRPGs then, as almost all of them have a set difficulty.

Ya, having the first few monster kill you in one hit it pretty fair, even for newcomer for the series

lame

Is this your first SMT? Because, the series is known for it's difficulty.

I don't mind challenge once in a while, but the way Shin Megami Tensei 4 does it.... Why? I don't see the point of not giving that player any sort of option to choose a difficulty.
#146TheBeastWithinPosted 7/21/2013 12:31:09 PM
TheLastBlade posted...
I don't mind challenge once in a while, but the way Shin Megami Tensei 4 does it.... Why? I don't see the point of not giving that player any sort of option to choose a difficulty.

They do give you the option to choose a difficulty. You have to die twice to be able to do it. What, do you switch the game off in a rage when you die or something? You have to go through the death sequence twice.

Also, you can save anywhere in the game. Any game that does that is pretty easy. If you are unfamiliar with how combat works in the series I can see being overwhelmed but...still. Have some patience.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#147Fight_The_PowerPosted 7/21/2013 1:18:42 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
thetoughkid posted...
Dormmamu posted...

Your taste = horrible.

3d land is JUST as bad as far as lack of innovation.
the difference is of the two games at least nsmb 2 DOES NOT have it's second half just be copy pasted levels from earlier in the game. world 9-16 are PATHETIC they only exist to pad the game

lol. Just stop already Smashy, we already talked about this.
---
The JahMan has cometh once again... and he is here to stay.
3DS FC: 0018-0111-4675. J.O.D. from Napoleon. Dream Address: 5400-2159-0837
#148denkahina97Posted 7/21/2013 1:33:00 PM
How many hours have you put into monster hunter 3 ultimate?
#149RabitePosted 7/21/2013 3:34:01 PM
What this topic needs, in order for people to make more accurate suggestions (and less name calling), is a definition of overrated that can be accepted and agreed upon by all. My suggestion is below:

A game that is hyped or reviewed highly initially but eventually major flaws start showing and people lose taste for it, or the game gets pumped to levels that it cannot possibly live up to.

Example: FF7 is loved by many, but some call it overrated because of how much praise is dumped upon the game. While many of the detractors would actually agree it's a decent game, the amount of praise bestowed upon it makes it an easy target for hatred.

Again this is only a suggestion.
---
What's a rabite doing in a place like this?
If all else fails use fire - Zelda 2 | Common sense isn't
#150Bleachfreak7Posted 7/21/2013 3:38:16 PM
3DS - SMTIV. It's a great game but people are starting to worship it. It's to the point where people call you out for not saying it's perfect. The praise is even more ridiculous than it was for The Last of Us.

DS - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Never really liked than gen at all, but it seemed to be the most popular.
---
"Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end."