Is it stupid I thought my Wii U and 3DS shop accounts were linked?

#1JirynPosted 7/19/2013 7:09:28 PM
Is it stupid I thought my Wii U and 3DS shop accounts were linked?

I put the $30 toward Earth Bound on my WII U but I don't see the money on my 3DS.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#2IrateGameFAQerPosted 7/19/2013 7:13:13 PM
Normally, no because common sense would assume that there was a unified account system

But since it's Nintendo, you should've known things weren't linked/unified
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!
#3boring_namePosted 7/19/2013 7:15:55 PM
If it were any company other than Nintendo it wouldn't be.
---
Feel free to add me on multitap: http://www.backloggery.com/pandas
#4Sirian_HawkPosted 7/19/2013 7:18:34 PM
No. I had hoped they might be as well because Nintendo's own support site says you can use the 3DS pay cards on your Wii-U, so I figured if they take the same codes they should be the same, right?

Anyway I phoned Nintendo to confirm, and the response was along the lines of, "The cash eShop is new (used to be points) so they haven't actually unified the eShops yet." He also said he has no idea if there are any plans to unify them in the works (but I doubt a random customer service guy would have that info anyway). They probably will get around to it eventually, but Nintendo is not really known for its speedy pace.
---
Welcome to Earth. It's chock full of stupid people doing stupid things. Constantly.
#5Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 7:28:43 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
No. I had hoped they might be as well because Nintendo's own support site says you can use the 3DS pay cards on your Wii-U, so I figured if they take the same codes they should be the same, right?

Anyway I phoned Nintendo to confirm, and the response was along the lines of, "The cash eShop is new (used to be points) so they haven't actually unified the eShops yet." He also said he has no idea if there are any plans to unify them in the works (but I doubt a random customer service guy would have that info anyway). They probably will get around to it eventually, but Nintendo is not really known for its speedy pace.

That was my thought as well.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."