why do ppl think if nintendo bought atlus they would ruin SMT games?

#1AceMosPosted 7/19/2013 8:17:27 PM
no 3rd party company bought by nintendo has ever lost creative freedom

infact they tend to get MORE

monlith got bought by nintendo and now they can make wtv game they want but some times they just have to put it on hold for a bit to help with a bigger nintendo project

not a bad trade off

same goes for retro studios most companys would force them to do only metroid or other such games

they wanted to do DKC returns and they did and then they wanted to make a 2nd one and they are

so yea being first party to nintendo does not hurt companys it HELPS them
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#2hyperdimeduckPosted 7/19/2013 8:18:43 PM
That is a very good question.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Jack Frost of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#3Grand_BluePosted 7/19/2013 8:19:28 PM
What about Microsoft? What's wrong with it being on a western made console?
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#4somebody336Posted 7/19/2013 8:21:00 PM
Grand_Blue posted...

They fear improvement.
#5aak57Posted 7/19/2013 8:27:36 PM
It's not about creative freedom so much as Nintendo being a company that likes to optimize financially, and Atlus' model of low cost/low return isn't exactly the Nintendo way. I mean, we're talking about a company that doesn't want to put out a new F-Zero or Star Fox presumably because they wouldn't sell more than a few hundred thousand copies. Meanwhile, reaching a few hundred thousand is a great outing for Atlus.

Also, Atlus has an incredible publishing arm which would be destroyed by Nintendo.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#6BuretsuPosted 7/19/2013 8:28:42 PM
Grand_Blue posted...

Nobody will buy it.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7AceMos(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 8:32:12 PM
aak57 posted...
It's not about creative freedom so much as Nintendo being a company that likes to optimize financially, and Atlus' model of low cost/low return isn't exactly the Nintendo way. I mean, we're talking about a company that doesn't want to put out a new F-Zero or Star Fox presumably because they wouldn't sell more than a few hundred thousand copies. Meanwhile, reaching a few hundred thousand is a great outing for Atlus.

Also, Atlus has an incredible publishing arm which would be destroyed by Nintendo.

SMT tend to sell around a million games

thats in line with svrl small nintendo franchises and woudl turn a nice profit on the 3DS market

which is why atlus even before this mess was putting all there games on the 3DS any ways

with nintendo they would get a larger buget and better advertising which would boost sales
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#8yankee6903Posted 7/19/2013 8:34:14 PM
I dont think it would ruin the games but I still think it would be a bad idea because they sell millions of games across multiple platforms. If you take that away you lose innovation and money. Yes millions of games would still sell, but not to the amount if they serviced multiple platforms.
#9AceMos(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 8:37:46 PM
yankee6903 posted...
I dont think it would ruin the games but I still think it would be a bad idea because they sell millions of games across multiple platforms. If you take that away you lose innovation and money. Yes millions of games would still sell, but not to the amount if they serviced multiple platforms.

they released 2 games on none nintedo platforms last gen catherine and persona 4 arena

the rest where PUBLISHED by atlus
---
#10aak57Posted 7/19/2013 8:40:01 PM
AceMos posted...
SMT tend to sell around a million games

No, they don't. They sell a few hundred thousand, worldwide no less. Not even Persona 4, their golden goose, broke 1 million.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg