I am 100% sure Nintendo will be the ones to buy Atlus.

#11SakurafanboyPosted 7/19/2013 8:05:58 PM
KeleenRem posted...
21_21 posted...
So if Nintendo is making a Mario and Sonic Olympic games, does that mean they're planning on buying Sega? Last I checked, people still believe Sega is a third party developer and continuing to make games on other platforms.

Nintendo contracted Sega to exclusively release Sonic on their consoles. That's pretty much buying them haha.

No, that's only for 3 games then they can go multiplat with Sonic again.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#1221_21Posted 7/19/2013 8:14:35 PM
KeleenRem posted...
21_21 posted...
So if Nintendo is making a Mario and Sonic Olympic games, does that mean they're planning on buying Sega? Last I checked, people still believe Sega is a third party developer and continuing to make games on other platforms.

Nintendo contracted Sega to exclusively release Sonic on their consoles. That's pretty much buying them haha.

Still. Just because Nintendo is making a crossover game with another company doesn't mean Nintendo is actually buying them. By that logic, Namco Bandai would've been a gaming giant conglomerate for all we know >_>
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Ys Origins, Gods Eater Burst, and Jeanne D'arc
#13Rurouni720Posted 7/19/2013 8:15:10 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
KeleenRem posted...
21_21 posted...

No, that's only for 3 games then they can go multiplat with Sonic again.

This.

Though it could be a while, since SA2:B for the GC wasn't ported anywhere until the second half of the 7th gen. I even wonder if Sega would bother making Sonic Colors multiplat too lol.
#14GhetsisPosted 7/19/2013 8:24:35 PM
Kelystic posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
Kelystic posted...
All the Atlus games goes exclusive to Nintendo consoles/handhelds only?

Yes....though they pretty much already are Nintendo exclusive at this time. The last game they developed on Sony systems was a remake of a PS2 game.

P4G and P4A?

Atlus also makes KOF games now right?

Nah, they just publish them in NA. Which means that SNK Playmore would have to find a different publisher to release future KoF games in North America.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#15Ccroybb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 8:54:50 PM
21_21 posted...

The difference is that Sega isn't being sold off. Nintendo wouldn't be so friendly towards SMT IV if they weren't planning on getting future SMT games, which means they want to buy Atlus.
---
The ideal 8th Generation console combination: 3DS, Wii U, and PS4