Normal vs. XL. Wich is better?

#11oOo_SOX_oOoPosted 7/20/2013 1:50:22 PM
I have had a regular since day one, and will not get the XL. The XL looks worse, but honestly I dont need a handheld that big.

I grew up on GBC, thats handheld to me,
---
NY JETS
R.I.P. ZYZZ
#12DirtyHarry11Posted 7/20/2013 1:53:20 PM
I have both, if you don't really care about being able to put it in your pocket comfortably the XL is the way to go, no question. The bigger screens make all the difference.
#13RedYoshi27Posted 7/20/2013 1:58:07 PM
I like the original's glossy colors way better than the XL's solid ones. Plus the original fits in my pocket as nicely as the DSL/i. Doesn't the XL have a slightly better battery too? Though I guess its moot with the nyko power pack if those are still around.
---
NNID: BowMasterPit
Married to Flannery; Official Scyther of the Pokemon X board
#14Darth_KamcioPosted 7/20/2013 1:58:51 PM
Speaking of pockets, I can fit my XL in my pocket comfortably. And I could fit my mobile phone there, too. Perhaps a slimmer wallet would fit too, it's just that mine is massive.

And my pockets aren't really oversized. Or perhaps more people wear skin tight clothing than I thought.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#15RedYoshi27Posted 7/20/2013 2:12:06 PM
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Speaking of pockets, I can fit my XL in my pocket comfortably. And I could fit my mobile phone there, too. Perhaps a slimmer wallet would fit too, it's just that mine is massive.

And my pockets aren't really oversized. Or perhaps more people wear skin tight clothing than I thought.

I take it you don't mind the bulge then? That sounds like me when I'm not wearing my cargo pants. With my 3DS and cell phone which is relatively small, (HTC One S) my pockets are nearly at their limits in my work pants and in normal jeans (I don't wear tight jeans). Everyone I know with an XL, just carry it in a bag of some sort.
---
NNID: BowMasterPit
Married to Flannery; Official Scyther of the Pokemon X board
#16ZamnatoPosted 7/20/2013 2:36:08 PM
XL all the way
#17elkenPosted 7/20/2013 2:38:52 PM
XL all the way !

The original 3DS is too small to evenplay a game there.
Shameful the screen in the original is even smaller than the PSP 4.3 widescreen.
---
*Fav Genres: RPG\Adventure\Survival *Fav Consoles: Sony & Nintendo *Fav Handhelds: 3DS XL & PSP
#18MarkMiltonPosted 7/20/2013 10:40:36 PM
wentzelot posted...
MarkMilton posted...
0-172 posted...
Go with the XL. It's better in every way.

the XL has worse sound. also, while the screen is almost twice the size as the original, it's resolution is the same... therefore, it has a worse picture.

well this is factually incorrect. the picture is the same. hold the screen further away and you'll get the exact same pixel density as the regular held up close. also the xl sound isn't worse, the volume just doesn't go as loud.. which is irrelevant since it's already loud enough.

...so, people are supposed to play the XL at twice the distance they did the original 3DS if they want the same picture quality? and because YOU think the sound is loud enough, makes the FACT that the speakers don't go as loud as the original okay for everybody else as well?

the facts are: the speakers and screen definition are WORSE on the XL.

try to convince yourself otherwise elsewhere.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304
#19toomanymouthsPosted 7/21/2013 1:53:45 AM
ITT, buy a 20" TV instead of a 46" TV. Both are 1080p. The 46" has lower pixel density! Truly, the 20" is better.

Said the people who are sore they bought a 3DS before the 3DS XL came out....
#20LeFeverBeaverPosted 7/21/2013 2:52:44 AM
You won't regret the XL.

I just upgraded two days ago and have gotten a ton of mileage out of it so far. While it'a true that the pixel density is less in the XL, it's really only an "issue" if you are comparing them side-by-side. In the real world, you'll be perfectly satisfied. When I attempted my system transfer, I had a few minutes to compare them. The XL is not as bright, but it's way more comfortable to hold and the 3D is easier on the eyes. Although in the dark I still get a headache if I use the 3D...

Last thing; It's my understanding that the battery life is a little better on the XL; hard to compare, to be honest, but it's worth considering.
---
PSN/XBL Gamertags: LeFeverBeaver Twitter:@zakhansonfan
Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com & http://www.anti-hyphenationist.com