Will Pokemon X/Y have matchmaking?

#1CyborgSwordPosted 7/20/2013 8:16:40 PM
Instead of having to get friend codes, we should be able to search for an opponent and battle them. Never played B/W 2 so dont know if its in that one.
---
Gamertag; ChronoBlast
PSN: ChronoBlast
#2Second_ChancesPosted 7/20/2013 8:18:45 PM
BW1 and BW2 both had randoms.
#3Carbuncle009Posted 7/20/2013 8:33:49 PM
Second_Chances posted...
BW1 and BW2 both had randoms.

---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#4MegaMettaurPosted 7/20/2013 8:38:44 PM
I thought they always had randoms.
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#5EternalNetherPosted 7/20/2013 9:16:43 PM
I wonder how well pairing up with randoms actually works. I've never gotten into competitive battling because IV/EV training has always been a pain in the ass. So I'd probably be obliterated. But with that supposedly being easier in X and Y I might give it a shot.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#6Genericgamer667Posted 7/20/2013 9:31:29 PM
it probably will

also they will lose if they quit this time around
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#7NovaCastPosted 7/20/2013 10:06:53 PM
EternalNether posted...
I wonder how well pairing up with randoms actually works. I've never gotten into competitive battling because IV/EV training has always been a pain in the ass. So I'd probably be obliterated. But with that supposedly being easier in X and Y I might give it a shot.

Its not that complicated ..

Pairing is mostly random in the beginning until you get a ''rating'' then most of the time it matches you with someone within your rating , if that fails then it just seems to match you with whoever is searching.

Also random wifi in gen 5 was a good feature but was kind of frustrating online. Anyone that is above average skill will face the inevitable disconnectors. In rating mode people would rarely finish games they would nearly ALWAYS disconnected.

Now i don't want to start any beef with people from different countries but A LOT of the dis connectors were from Usa and mexico from my personal experience.

I mostly played on free mode because at least those people wouldn't really bother to disconnect, but free mode did not have a rating ladder.

It is really dumb for people to disconnect because ONLY YOU can see how many losses you have the other people in rating just see your rating and in free mode only your wins are displayed ( if i remember correctly).

So if they use this same system again with no penalty's to disconnecting wankers then its going to be flawed again.
---
#8Genericgamer667Posted 7/20/2013 10:11:02 PM
NovaCast posted...
EternalNether posted...

Its not that complicated ..

Pairing is mostly random in the beginning until you get a ''rating'' then most of the time it matches you with someone within your rating , if that fails then it just seems to match you with whoever is searching.

Also random wifi in gen 5 was a good feature but was kind of frustrating online. Anyone that is above average skill will face the inevitable disconnectors. In rating mode people would rarely finish games they would nearly ALWAYS disconnected.

Now i don't want to start any beef with people from different countries but A LOT of the dis connectors were from Usa and mexico from my personal experience.

I mostly played on free mode because at least those people wouldn't really bother to disconnect, but free mode did not have a rating ladder.

It is really dumb for people to disconnect because ONLY YOU can see how many losses you have the other people in rating just see your rating and in free mode only your wins are displayed ( if i remember correctly).

So if they use this same system again with no penalty's to disconnecting wankers then its going to be flawed again.

look what I just posted
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising