worth getting a 3ds xl mainly for animal crossing?
haven't played this in years, and have been strongly considering getting a 3ds for this game. any other game on the system like animal crossing?
Well, there's Harvest Moon: ANB, and Rune Factory 4 is coming out pretty soon. There's also a bunch of other great games upcoming and already released...
Yes and there is also Harvest Moon and Rune Factory that are kinda the same.
3DS FC - 3282-2187-2275
Well, you really should consider whether you want an original 3DS or an XL, rather than automatically going for the XL. The XL does have larger screens and better stylus placement... but it also has visible scanlines on the display (due to reduced pixel density due to upscaling the resolution to a larger screen) and its size can make it hard to pack into pockets or bags, on top of having a worse volume range. It's really a matter of preference and what you actually want out of the system, rather than one being objectively "better."
"That's ridiculous. what would a walrus do with a magic bag?" Pokeamida
I did this and I'm certainly not regretting it!
If you're willing to make an effort, anything can happen (I hope...)
I did this also, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I downloaded Animal Crossing from the eshop and I would recommend that too, it's nice not having to switch out games, and this one you'll be playing for a while.
Nintendo 3DS FC: 0576-4438-2528
Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5500-2326-8845 Town: Tuchanka
3DS XL PROS:
1. The buttons and the circle pad on the XL are bigger and thicker (you can be less accurate and still press them easily).
2. The Start, Select and Home buttons on the XL are redesigned (no longer have dead space in between them and are much longer).
3. The XL's new displays cut glare significantly (each of the 3 layers in the 3D display is treated with an anti-reflective coating).
4. A larger display on the XL means you'll get a better 3D effect.
5. The XL will feel better in your hands (due to tweaking the case design and making ergonomic improvements).
6. The XL sports longer battery life (anywhere from 6.5 hours to 10 hours).
7. The placement of the stylus has been located to the side of the XL instead of on top (better access when you need to use it).
8. The XL sports a matte finish (no more fingerprints).
3DS XL CONS:
1. The 3DS display on the XL has the same screen resolution as the original (some complain that the picture is too blurry).
2. The sound on the XL is not as loud on the original when set to max volume.
3. The XL is too big to carry around or fit in your pocket.
VERDICT: Get the 3DS XL. The pros far outweigh the cons.
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH
well its better than only getting it for Project X Zone.
#XboxWon (not changing this till its truth)
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
Yes its worth it. AND, there are a ton of other great games out now and coming out.
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
bump for more thoughts =)