worth getting a 3ds xl mainly for animal crossing?

#11chestershadowPosted 7/21/2013 6:57:46 PM
Mainly for Animal crossing? No. You should never buy a system for one game, nor should you value the worth of a system on one game. If you did that you'd end up with something like the Vita (no offense meant Vita owners).

But the short answer is yes. The 3ds is worth buying for Animal crossing as well as the numerous other great games (many of which are exclusive) on the system.

Even if you only bought it for animal crossing, the investment in a new system opens up the avenue for you to purchase many other great titles from different genres (really the only genre i can think of not really represented are fps/third person shooters. i'm sure there are others, but thats the noteable absence).
#12Jarl_Ulfric_S(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 7:09:30 PM
chestershadow posted...
Mainly for Animal crossing? No. You should never buy a system for one game, nor should you value the worth of a system on one game. If you did that you'd end up with something like the Vita (no offense meant Vita owners).

But the short answer is yes. The 3ds is worth buying for Animal crossing as well as the numerous other great games (many of which are exclusive) on the system.

Even if you only bought it for animal crossing, the investment in a new system opens up the avenue for you to purchase many other great titles from different genres (really the only genre i can think of not really represented are fps/third person shooters. i'm sure there are others, but thats the noteable absence).

well, i'll probably get pokemon when it comes out, but the suggestions on other animal crossing type games are noted. i already have a 360 and it has no games like animal crossing.
#13RPGNinja123Posted 7/21/2013 7:10:06 PM
Oh so you are done trolling other boards now?
---
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add) RPGs are the best genre.
#14parKb5Posted 7/21/2013 7:19:48 PM
ECOsvaldo posted...
3DS XL PROS:

1. The buttons and the circle pad on the XL are bigger and thicker (you can be less accurate and still press them easily).
2. The Start, Select and Home buttons on the XL are redesigned (no longer have dead space in between them and are much longer).
3. The XL's new displays cut glare significantly (each of the 3 layers in the 3D display is treated with an anti-reflective coating).
4. A larger display on the XL means you'll get a better 3D effect.
5. The XL will feel better in your hands (due to tweaking the case design and making ergonomic improvements).
6. The XL sports longer battery life (anywhere from 6.5 hours to 10 hours).
7. The placement of the stylus has been located to the side of the XL instead of on top (better access when you need to use it).
8. The XL sports a matte finish (no more fingerprints).

3DS XL CONS:

1. The 3DS display on the XL has the same screen resolution as the original (some complain that the picture is too blurry).
2. The sound on the XL is not as loud on the original when set to max volume.
3. The XL is too big to carry around or fit in your pocket.

VERDICT: Get the 3DS XL. The pros far outweigh the cons.

I carry my XL in my pocket all the time. There is plenty of room, unless you wear skinny jeans or something.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki
#15Jarl_Ulfric_S(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 7:31:51 PM
now i'm just going to wait for a deal and i'll get one =)

thanks again guys
#16AlbinoGerbilPosted 7/21/2013 8:01:21 PM
parKb5 posted...

I carry my XL in my pocket all the time. There is plenty of room, unless you wear skinny jeans or something.

I carry mine in the RDS Mario case and still manage to slip it in the front pocket of my sweat pants/work out pants.
---
3DS FC: 3781-0310-6225 (If you add me let me know so I can add you)