Kid Icarus Uprising is severely underrated

#11mtKing52(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 11:36:40 AM
MATADOR480 posted...
mtKing52 posted...
Just look at this topic.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66774596
Practically everyone who said KI:U was overrated couldn't get past the "bad" controls even though the tutorial clearly stated you could change the controls to something else if you didn't like the default controls(I actually liked the default controls). Does anybody have basic reading comprehension or are you all too lazy to just change the controls? It's a great game once you either get used to the default controls or change the controls to your liking, but it seems like most of you people never gave the game more than an hour to play and gave up on it when you probably never even knew about changing the "bad" controls.

Ummm... no.

Have you seen the amount of people who gave up on this game solely because of the "bad" controls?
---
PSN: mtKing52
3DS FC: 4012-4229-1480
#12DeremorsePosted 7/21/2013 12:51:31 PM
mtKing52 posted...
underrated

What the f***?
#13d0wnerPosted 7/21/2013 12:54:17 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
The only problem I had with the game was the controls and the length of the levels. Seriously, later on the levels take about 30 min, and with those controls you feel tired at the end.

Agreed. The controls are awful, and some of the levels go on far too long, particularly for a portable game. In a way KIU feels like it wanted to be a console game.
---
shoot the core.
#14MATADOR480Posted 7/21/2013 1:01:24 PM
mtKing52 posted...
MATADOR480 posted...
mtKing52 posted...
Just look at this topic.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66774596
Practically everyone who said KI:U was overrated couldn't get past the "bad" controls even though the tutorial clearly stated you could change the controls to something else if you didn't like the default controls(I actually liked the default controls). Does anybody have basic reading comprehension or are you all too lazy to just change the controls? It's a great game once you either get used to the default controls or change the controls to your liking, but it seems like most of you people never gave the game more than an hour to play and gave up on it when you probably never even knew about changing the "bad" controls.

Ummm... no.

Have you seen the amount of people who gave up on this game solely because of the "bad" controls?

Ummm... yeah.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#15Someguy_13Posted 7/21/2013 1:03:46 PM
Deimos259 posted...
No it's a good game with bad controls

The controls are part of what lets the game be as great as it is.

With dual analog or similar set ups, it would be a much slower paced game, and the speed of it is part of what makes it so fun.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#16darkus_fPosted 7/21/2013 1:04:37 PM
Lol underated XD
There are many other reasons why some people think that KI:U sucked. I highly regret buying it. I caved in because this board was praising it like crazy. Some even praised the "humor" in the game. >.>
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB F5: Dolph, Orton, Punk, Henry, Reigns
#17BigReedPosted 7/21/2013 1:11:06 PM
I feel like the game was rated accurately to what it offers.

It was a great idea and could have been the best 3ds game, but instead horrible controls made it difficult to play. Gameplay, controls specifically, should never require the user to go through any pain or have to adapt to the controls.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#18CyborgSwordPosted 7/21/2013 1:23:33 PM
I actually did try the other controls and they did not work. KI:U shouldve been a Wii U game with HD graphics.
---
Gamertag; ChronoBlast
PSN: ChronoBlast
#19kamikaze135Posted 7/21/2013 1:31:11 PM
Good game. Terrible controls. I got a good 10 or so hours in, but couldn't force myself to play more because my hand would cramp up after playing for a while.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#20keyblader1985Posted 7/21/2013 1:32:02 PM
CyborgSword posted...
I actually did try the other controls and they did not work.

This. I tried several different control schemes and none of them felt comfortable for me, especially considering I'm a lefty. I'm actually considering getting a Circle Pad Pro just for this game.

I don't really like the insinuation that I'm lazy/stupid/a quitter either.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai