Kid Icarus Uprising is severely underrated

#71ThunderPotatoPosted 7/23/2013 1:33:25 PM
Change the controls argument is pretty bad, since the default are superior compared to others if you get used to it. Stylus aiming is far quicker and accurate.
---
http://jgpgaming.tumblr.com/
#72mtKing52(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:44:18 PM
ThunderPotato posted...
Change the controls argument is pretty bad, since the default are superior compared to others if you get used to it. Stylus aiming is far quicker and accurate.

I use the default controls all the time. I've never changed the controls because I find them great, but all the haters seem to never realize they can change them.
---
PSN: mtKing52
3DS FC: 4012-4229-1480
#73mtKing52(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:45:37 PM
Storm Chamber posted...
No Kid Icarus topic would be complete without people who can't play for more than 30 minutes without their hand cramping still defending the controls.

The thing is, I never got a SINGLE hand cramp ever from this game so STFU.
---
PSN: mtKing52
3DS FC: 4012-4229-1480
#74OoSubaruoOPosted 7/23/2013 1:58:28 PM
Ignore him, he clearly has no clue what he's talking about. If people do get hand cramps, they aren't going to defend the controls.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#75MCcakePosted 7/23/2013 2:01:36 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Ignore him, he clearly has no clue what he's talking about. If people do get hand cramps, they aren't going to defend the controls.

Because holding the 3DS for 30 minutes does not give hand cramps with any other game; just this one, right?
---
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170(Mickey; ACNL: Jam)
PM me if you add me, or I won't know you exist x:
#76Rurouni720Posted 7/23/2013 2:03:53 PM
MCcake posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

Because holding the 3DS for 30 minutes does not give hand cramps with any other game; just this one, right?

It actually sometimes happened to me with MK7 at times.
#77OoSubaruoOPosted 7/23/2013 2:06:45 PM
MCcake posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

Um, ok? He's claiming people are going to defend the controls if they get hand cramps. What are you even arguing about?
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#78MCcakePosted 7/23/2013 2:09:25 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
MCcake posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

Um, ok? He's claiming people are going to defend the controls if they get hand cramps. What are you even arguing about?

I'm not arguing, I'm asking a question.
---
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170(Mickey; ACNL: Jam)
PM me if you add me, or I won't know you exist x:
#79Rurouni720Posted 7/23/2013 2:21:45 PM
WickedSickJosh posted...
Knux58 posted...
Actually, it's overrated because of topics like this saying that people only don't like it for the bad controls. It's actually just the repetitiveness of it in general and the shooting doesn't pack that "punch" that makes you feel good about shooting things. Overall, they just didn't do enough with the gameplay to make it fun. All this game involves is:
1. Flying section with very little gameplay variety, but better controls so you feel like they're more enjoyable.
2. Ground section that involves running around and shooting things. Some things even force you to shoot them in certain spots or at different times. Whoa!
3. Boss.

And even if all of that were executed better, the fact that its in such a set formula is repetitive in itself.

Came I here to so almost exactly this. The controls are terrible no doubt (you shouldn't have to put your hands in any kind of physical pain just to enjoy a videogame) and even if they fixed them, the game is still pretty average to me. I wanted to enjoy the game but I just couldn't.

Controls are fine to me, so i guess "no doubt" translates to "just myself" then? As i expected.