Never played an Etrian Odyssey game start with 4 or get the new remake of 1?

#1gfaqsterPosted 7/21/2013 12:22:30 PM
I heard there is a new game coming out in October that is a remake with a story of the 1st game and there is 4 which is already out.

Which is the most newbie friendly and someone that has no experience with the series to get?
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2GollyFluffPosted 7/21/2013 12:28:32 PM
IV is a lot easier than the first three and I expect the remake of 1 to be similar in terms of difficulty. Wait for the remake if you want a good story or get IV now if you want a great game.
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#3SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/21/2013 12:33:32 PM
4 is the most newbie friendly, but the new one may be even moreso, because AFAIK, it won't have subclassing.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#4R_HunterPosted 7/21/2013 12:42:31 PM
Go with IV, that way you'll get experience for Untold.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#5YomerodesPosted 7/21/2013 12:48:31 PM
Loved the demo of 4...but I will wait for EO Untold, if only because I don't have that much time nowadays and between both games, I would prefer to spend my time playing the one story and character driven.
#6furygodsPosted 7/21/2013 2:06:41 PM
Yeah go for IV, it is better than Untold.
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#7R_HunterPosted 7/21/2013 2:16:50 PM
furygods posted...

Wouldn't go quite that far. Especially since you have a choice of playing the new story, or playing classic.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#8furygodsPosted 7/21/2013 2:20:24 PM
R_Hunter posted...
furygods posted...

Wouldn't go quite that far. Especially since you have a choice of playing the new story, or playing classic.

The classic version is inferior to IV and the story version, isn't what you're looking for if you're interested in EO.

Plus IV has awesome loli designs.
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#9SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/21/2013 2:38:12 PM
I don't care what anyone says, EO1's story was friggin awesome.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#10ThatSageGuyPosted 7/21/2013 3:09:37 PM
GollyFluff posted...
IV is a lot easier than the first three and I expect the remake of 1 to be similar in terms of difficulty. Wait for the remake if you want a good story or get IV now if you want a great game.

I feel the same, but from what I've heard, untold won't be any harder than IV, it will likely be even easier than IV was.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
FC: 5043-1666-5680 ACNL Town: Etria.