Best $10 of VC games?

#1Kuyama-kunPosted 7/23/2013 4:38:59 PM
I'm looking to spend $10 even, what should I get? (I have enough to spend $10, even with tax problems)
Already own:
NES Ambassador titles
Zelda: LA, SML2, Kirby, Metroid II, Rayman, DK94, Mario's Picross, and Kirby Pinball.

I don't want either Oracle of _______ game simply because I would want to buy both after I've finished Link's Awakening.

What I've been looking at...
Shantae, Wario Land II, any Game Gear game...

Does WLII play like WLIII in terms of its non-linearity? Or is it more linear?

Also, any idea when Sega 3D Classics are coming out? Sorry for all the questions!! xP
#2Kromlech06Posted 7/23/2013 4:58:02 PM
Shantae and either Tails' Adventure or Shining Force: Sword of Hajya.

Can't go wrong with any of those choices.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#3Xenesis XenonPosted 7/23/2013 5:03:38 PM(edited)
Kuyama-kun posted...
Does WLII play like WLIII in terms of its non-linearity? Or is it more linear?

Wario Land II is more linear until you finish a progression path. It has more levels but they don't change like in WLIII. Basically once you finish your initial run, you get a world map and can find all of the branching paths. If you find the paths during your first runthrough, you'll go through that progression instead of the 'main' one, but there's only about ten 'branches'.

The other thing is that most of the 'upgrades' you get in WLIII are just core abilities in WLII. I personally like WLII better, but it's a matter of taste.

So to summarise: Linear first playthrough, then fairly open route to 100%.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#4kuragari1anonlyPosted 7/23/2013 5:11:23 PM
If you're getting a Game Gear game, give Shinobi a shot. Also Tails' Adventure.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#5Kuyama-kun(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 5:18:54 PM
Great, thanks for all the help so far!
Another thing I forgot to mention is that I already own Sonic Drift 2, Triple Trouble, and Tails' Adventures thanks to Gems Collection. And STH2... I think.
#6Kuyama-kun(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 7:01:19 PM
Polite bump
#7GhetsisPosted 7/23/2013 7:03:35 PM
Mario Golf.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#8DBPanterAPosted 7/23/2013 10:16:59 PM
I guess it really depends on the type of games you enjoy.

I have bought 50 games for off the 3DS eShop. But I enjoy puzzle games, retro 8-bit stuff.

I enjoyed Mutant Mudds (plat former) and Mighty Switch Force (plat former). If you are super hardcore Nintendo fan, you may want to give Mole Mania (Game Boy) a whirl. It is a hidden gem made by Shigeru Miyamoto that most simply do not realize was his creation. I also purchased quite a few Game & Watch games. Then, tons of VC games as well, love having some of those games at my finger-tips.

In regards to the Zelda Oracle games: I was a moron and didn't play them when they originally were released. I waited patiently for them, and bought them the day they went on sale. I now have played and completed the 15 Zelda games. Seasons was more of a hack and slash, while Ages is more puzzle based. After playing them (Seasons - Linked Ages - Hero Ages - Linked Hero Seasons) I can say Ages to me is a top 3 Zelda game. Most "experts" suggest started with Ages, but I wanted to go nuts and start hacking right away. I should also say I generally rate 2D Zelda games higher than 3D games.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#91212-1Posted 7/24/2013 7:48:15 AM
For sure get Shantae. As for the other title maybe donkey kong or tail's adventure? There are some pretty good virtual console titles now, so it can be hard to decide. But Shantae is lots of fun and way longer/better than it's sequel.
#10lanifPosted 7/29/2013 11:11:35 AM
earthbound?
---
Do you know what happens when the trolls start talking too much s$%^?
Their breath starts to stink!!! lol