Black 3DS XL: Release date for North America?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Black 3DS XL: Release date for North America?
2 years ago#1
This really should have been among the options when the 3DS XL was released. Ether way, I'm just happy it was finally announced. But, any release date for North America?
2 years ago#2
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=208075
2 years ago#3
Canada is part of North America. They share the same region code. You should be able to safely order it online and still be able to use the games you already have.
---
3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf
2 years ago#4
desaigamon posted...
Canada is part of North America. They share the same region code. You should be able to safely order it online and still be able to use the games you already have.

Wait, so this wont be directly sold in the US?
I have to order it online?
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
2 years ago#5
AxelPoe posted...
desaigamon posted...

At the moment it's only been announced for Canada. It should expand to the US soon enough. In the meantime, if you want it now you can order it online from Canadian retailers.
---
3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf
2 years ago#6
AxelPoe posted...
desaigamon posted...

No, it will eventually come to the US. The ad shown over at gonintendo is for a store in Canada. It will eventually come to the US.

Reggie has said that one of the biggest issues is that retailers do not want to have multiple SKUs in their system which is why at any given time, you have 2-5 options. I can understand this as it makes tracking much easier. Imagine you go to a large retailer, and you are looking for a certain color.

I still think Nintendo should take a page out of Nike's book and have a build your own 3DS similar to Nike ID where you build a shoe from the ground up. Make your own color 3DS, throw on a Mario or Zelda picture for an extra $10. Retailers generally do not make any money on consoles and they take up valuable shelf space. Retailers make the money off the games. That way Nintendo doesn't sour retailers while making fans happy.

The deals you see from retailers where they throw in game with the console purchase pretty much means they do not make money off the transaction, but hope to gain that back when you return to purchase additional games.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
2 years ago#7
DBPanterA posted...
I still think Nintendo should take a page out of Nike's book and have a build your own 3DS similar to Nike ID where you build a shoe from the ground up. Make your own color 3DS, throw on a Mario or Zelda picture for an extra $10. Retailers generally do not make any money on consoles and they take up valuable shelf space. Retailers make the money off the games. That way Nintendo doesn't sour retailers while making fans happy.

Now that is a brilliant idea!
I wouldn't mind spending a bit extra on a custom system straight from Nintendo's hands.
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
2 years ago#8
desaigamon posted...
AxelPoe posted...
desaigamon posted...

At the moment it's only been announced for Canada. It should expand to the US soon enough. In the meantime, if you want it now you can order it online from Canadian retailers.

The only Canadian retailer that has it listed right now, is Real Canadian Superstore.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
2 years ago#9
I live in Nova Scotia and I have no idea where the nearest Real Canadian Superstore is, probably Halifax -_-'' The only Superstores in my area are Atlantic Superstore and none of them have anything in the way of electronics. Maybe a couple small TV's and a few cell phones, but definitely no video games.
It's kind of strange that RCS would be the first store to get a new XL color. I would have thought something like Best Buy, Target or Wal Mart would have at the top of the list.
2 years ago#10
I live in Quebec, and we don't even have a Real Canadian Superstore.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Black 3DS XL: Release date for North America?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived