Do you get a Club Nintendo code for buying a refurbish XL on the Nintendo store?

#1NexeviousPosted 7/25/2013 9:29:32 PM
Topic^
---
Snake for SSB4!!!
3DS Friend Code: IN PROGRESS
#2Dark_Link604Posted 7/25/2013 9:37:28 PM
Depends if it's been registered before or not. Club Nintendo takes the XL's product ID so wiping the system shouldn't make it registerable again.
#3parKb5Posted 7/26/2013 1:17:03 AM
That would kind of suck because right now with that lack on an online account system, the only way you can prove that you made your online purchases is if you register the system with Club Nintendo. If you buy a used system that has already been registered, you are pretty much S.O.L. if anything happens to your system and any downloads that you make wouldn't be registered and you won't get coins for online purchases.

At least that is what I think, has anyone ever registered a used system on Club Nintendo?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki
#4Janus151Posted 7/26/2013 4:26:39 AM
parKb5 posted...
That would kind of suck because right now with that lack on an online account system, the only way you can prove that you made your online purchases is if you register the system with Club Nintendo. If you buy a used system that has already been registered, you are pretty much S.O.L. if anything happens to your system and any downloads that you make wouldn't be registered and you won't get coins for online purchases.

At least that is what I think, has anyone ever registered a used system on Club Nintendo?

No, that's not how it works :P
By registering the 3DS to you Club Nintendo, all it does is it gives you Club Nintendo points and extends the warranty.

On any 3DS, you go to the eShop and you log in with your Club Nintendo account, from there, it will track all your purchases.

Hope that helped! :)
#5xxtearg0dxxPosted 7/26/2013 4:52:38 AM
Right, all registering it with Club Nintendo does is give you points towards prizes and extends the warranty. If you were to call Nintendo Tech Support and explain to them you just purchased a pre-owned system from GameStop and you'd like to register it, they can register it for you.
---
ACNL: TearGod| FC: 3024-5691-7746
ACNL: Dream Suite FC: 5200-2380-0958