Tax eshop question

#1blackwaltz3Posted 7/26/2013 7:59:14 PM
I am just curious why Nintendo is taxing me twice on games from the e-shop.

I loaded $10 to my account and paid sales tax on that $10 (from my credit card), when I went to use that credit on a game they were trying to charge me tax again on the game.

This makes no sense to me why I would be paying tax twice. Has anyone else ran into this before?

Please do not post about using a zip code that does not charge sales tax, because I am not trying to avoid sales tax but I would prefer not pay it twice.
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds
#2BuretsuPosted 7/26/2013 8:04:25 PM
Nintendo doesn't charge tax to add funds.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3Argh4430Posted 7/26/2013 8:15:44 PM(edited)
It's because you don't pay for tax when you buy the card from a store. Not sure why you were charged tax when you bought the card.

EDIT: I see you didn't mention buying a card. Your credit card company sounds awful.
#4blackwaltz3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 8:18:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5blackwaltz3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 8:19:49 PM
I put my card info directly into the eshop to load funds, it is nintendo charging me tax, has nothing to do with my CC company.

Very shady
---
#6Argh4430Posted 7/26/2013 8:20:46 PM
I am not charged tax when I do that, are you sure it's not your CC company?
#7TcidenebTPosted 7/26/2013 8:23:53 PM
if you are using a credit card are you sure its a sales tax and not a surcharge for using a credit card? I have only used eShop cards bought from stores and I have never been charged sale tax on those.
#8blackwaltz3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 8:27:32 PM
TcidenebT posted...
if you are using a credit card are you sure its a sales tax and not a surcharge for using a credit card? I have only used eShop cards bought from stores and I have never been charged sale tax on those.

No, my card is actually just a debit card and has no such fees, I have never been charged like this before with any other type of service.

My state does have tax on all digital content but, never have been charged up front when loading fund for anything.

http://imgur.com/GXETikg
---
#9mrjack3112Posted 7/26/2013 8:33:13 PM
Why not call your bank? A lot of banks have 24 7 customer service. If you get a answer I'd like to know why they did this
#10TcidenebTPosted 7/26/2013 8:33:36 PM
blackwaltz3 posted...
TcidenebT posted...

No, my card is actually just a debit card and has no such fees, I have never been charged like this before with any other type of service.

My state does have tax on all digital content but, never have been charged up front when loading fund for anything.

http://imgur.com/GXETikg

That is odd then, I would try contacting Nintendo and try to see the reason for them charging the tax