Which company do you guys think manages worse: Square Enix or Capcom?

#41Halladay32Posted 7/28/2013 7:26:13 PM(edited)
Endgame posted...
just like 4kids and One Piece, 4kids actually IMPROVED it

E-Excuse me? What...what did I just read? I can feel my brain shutting down in protest.
Even for an Endgame statement, this is just mind-boggling.

Oh, and Square Enix.
---
"I never thought about it until I reached college, but calling someone lame...is offensive to lame people."
#42KoopaBoopPosted 7/28/2013 7:42:42 PM
xXkewls0358 posted...
Square has truly fallen from the great it once was. They've lost a ton of f****** talent and made one mistake after another and continued down a spiral of an eventual dead end. Capcom managed the biggest royal f****** mistake ever but still remain somewhat professional as most of the games they do make are decent to good.

With that said, I'd give both my legs (so I could sit home and play games all day) for Square and Enix to split back up and become their former selves and for Capcom to release a new megaman.

What dead end would that be...? It's not like they're gone. If you mean XIV, it's obviously far from over. I quite like the games SE has released lately. I don't see a problem with the XIII trilogy. What exactly has SE put out that has actually been bad lately? I've liked next to everything, including Theatrhythm.

If you mean simple IOS ports or other digital content that most likely cost next to nothing to offer to the consumer... Well, that's just silly.
---
0962 9849 6963 - 3DS FC
#43Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 7:53:12 PM
Halladay32 posted...
Endgame posted...
just like 4kids and One Piece, 4kids actually IMPROVED it

E-Excuse me? What...what did I just read? I can feel my brain shutting down in protest.
Even for an Endgame statement, this is just mind-boggling.

Oh, and Square Enix.

The guy thinks all the PS2 has to offer are "interactive movies disguised as RPGs". Endgame really hates fun in general.
#44n00bsaib0tPosted 7/28/2013 7:55:07 PM
KoopaBoop posted...
If you mean simple IOS ports or other digital content that most likely cost next to nothing to offer to the consumer... Well, that's just silly.

Dude those iOS games cost between $15-30.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#45SakurafanboyPosted 7/28/2013 8:08:21 PM
Crapcom

Square Enix can at least still make good games (Bravely Default, KH: Birth By Sleep, etcetc.).
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#46OoSubaruoOPosted 7/28/2013 8:21:27 PM(edited)
Sakurafanboy posted...
Crapcom

Square Enix can at least still make good games (Bravely Default, KH: Birth By Sleep, etcetc.).

So can Capcom. (MH3U,Resident Evil: Revelations,etc)

21_21 posted...
At least Square Enix didn't kill off Final Fantasy or give it to an inferior developer to butcher it.

No, they just decided to milk XIII for all it's worth.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#47hiphops_saviorPosted 7/28/2013 8:25:10 PM
Square Enix, you know something is wrong when 3 million sales fails to break even.
#48hiphops_saviorPosted 7/28/2013 8:28:16 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
No, they just decided to milk XIII for all it's worth.

You have to when you put so much money into the engine (pst, their old practice of making new engines for each games is no longer sustainable).
#49NemerlightPosted 7/29/2013 2:13:56 AM
Square Enix by far. FF13 was boring and they still insist on milking it.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.
#50darkstar4221Posted 7/29/2013 4:17:47 AM
Lelouch71 posted...
deimos91 posted...
Bikes- posted...
Square Enix just comes off as horribly mismanaged, Capcom comes of as evil.

These

I have no beef with SE. I'm not butthurt or have sour grapes because I'm not getting the games specifically tailor to me unlike most of the whiny FF fanboys are. They still makes and publish some good games that I enjoy. For the most part they care about their fans well enough regardless of which game you are a fan or hater of. If they make a game I'm interested in I buy it. If they don't then it's no big deal because gaming is like a business transaction to me. You aren't meant to take those things personally.

Capcom is pretty much a crappy company period. They will nickle and dime you. They will re-release games multiple times after making you buy their DLC. If a game fails or get canceled they blame the fans. Namdai at least until recent years would be in the same boat as Capcom, but they are starting to do better. I currently don't have much use for Capcom beyond maybe a few titles. They are just as crappy as MS to me.

SE is pretty evil too, look how they treated their customers who bought Deus EX: Fall. Making a trilogy off of a game that no one really liked (FFXIII) is pretty evil in my book.