What is the Worst "Mario" Game on the 3DS?

#11pikachupwnagePosted 7/28/2013 9:20:39 AM
CubeTV posted...
For me, probably Mario Kart 7.

The London 2012 games was so much fun last Summer. It was short, sweet, high playability and (since I finally have internet of my own), competitive since there are online leader boards. Unlike Mario Kart 7, you don't need a SD card to access your records either and the leader boards are not tied to Spotpass. Sure you can't choose any character of your choice like past games but I'd rather have a game that has all my favorite characters in limited areas than a rooster that screams "wut" that can be used anywhere in the game.

A close second would be Super Mario 3D Land. 3D Mario platformers just don't go well with me. The game would have been a lot better if it had a score system.

Lately, while I have been hooked on Paper Mario Sticker Star, I have been noticing it's flaws. Why in the world can't you use healing items outside of battle? When the game finally tells you to do something, it's always something like "Why didn't you use the right Thing?". Well, maybe it's because I like giving myself a good challenge?

Can't remember much about Mario Tennis Open. It wasn't to good, but it wasn't bad either. If I could play it on the TV, it would probably be better (same with 3D Land and Sticker Star).

Now for the last game I have played, New Super Mario Bros. 2. I haven't played a 2D Mario game since the DS one and boy was this one a lot of fun. The whole game is just poorly executed with it's "coin" theme so it's not perfect.

Overall: London 2012=NSMB2>PMSS>SM3DL=MTO>MK7

Sorry for the big post. x3

That is one incredibly controversial opinion. Prepare for flames.

Also where is Mario and Donke Kong Minis on the move TC?
---
Now with PREPOSTEROUS AMOUNTS OF TESTOSTERONE! PREPOSTERONE
#12metroid02Posted 7/28/2013 9:29:11 AM
Whoever said Sitcker Star clearly hasnt played the atrocity that was Mario Tennis Open. (or maybe you have, I just dont understand how someone who has played both can dislike SS more than Mario Tennis).
---
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8
#13NexeviousPosted 7/28/2013 9:30:42 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
themegaman7 posted...
I haven't played Sticker Star, but from what I've seen and heard, it sounds like the betrayal of the decade.

It's not bad, but if you expect it to be like the other Paper Mario games, you'll be disappointed. This game hardly even qualifies as an RPG.

Damn... I'll probably get it when the price drops
---
Snake for SSB4!!!
3DS Friend Code: IN PROGRESS
#14StephenYap3Posted 7/28/2013 9:42:18 AM
Haven't played Tennis Open or Dream Team, but my vote is going to NSMB2. However, since I like the other four Mario games so far, that's not saying much for NSMB2.

I pity Sticker Star. I liked all four Paper Mario titles, though the first two I like more than Sticker Star.
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#15GloryChaosPosted 7/28/2013 9:43:37 AM
metroid02 posted...
Whoever said Sitcker Star clearly hasnt played the atrocity that was Mario Tennis Open. (or maybe you have, I just dont understand how someone who has played both can dislike SS more than Mario Tennis).

Expectations. It's why you have people calling any game worse than they really are.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#16MrSpacelySlatePosted 7/28/2013 10:51:34 AM
Voted MK7 because fanboys (mostly young ones) continue to overrate it and it ruined the perfect streak that Mario Kart had.
#17GloryChaosPosted 7/28/2013 11:05:21 AM
^But Rosalina was in Mario Kart Wii too.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#18PaperDolphinPosted 7/28/2013 11:13:22 AM
You people are crazy. Sticker Star is the best one. (Well, until Dream Team comes out anyways)
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#19xIvan321Posted 7/28/2013 11:15:48 AM
Mario Kart 7 sucked monkey balls. All of those games in the poll are terrible except maybe Mario Dream Team (which I haven't played btw) and Super Mario 3D Land (which are still based on my impressions when I played this though a KIOSK.)
---
Steam: xIvan321
#20MrSpacelySlatePosted 7/28/2013 11:20:53 AM
GloryChaos posted...
^But Rosalina was in Mario Kart Wii too.

The huge and hilarious irony is that one crappy character, regardless of who he/she/it is, doesn't make or break a game.

Mario Kart Wii was actually good in spite of Rosalina (as were the Galaxies, well Galaxy 2 anyway), and Mario Kart 7 has actual problems far beyond terrible character choices.