To those who have both fire emblem awakening and shin megami tensei iv......

#41itis41269Posted 7/29/2013 11:48:04 AM
I enjoy the experience of both equally
---
Nintendo puts the F between the Wii and the U......
I've secretly always wanted to ride in a Kangaroo pouch
#42TehTrumpCardPosted 7/29/2013 11:57:51 AM
Both.

Fire Emblem has waifus.

SMTIV has cosplaying.

Both have breeding.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#43RahzarXPosted 7/29/2013 12:14:30 PM
Anyone who picks one hasn't played both.

They are both 10/10 RPG's.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#44TyrantLowKeyPosted 7/29/2013 12:23:49 PM
Teremei posted...
SMTIV. Liked FE alot initially but the getting to know you system (or whatever they call it) has turned out to be a negative because I fuss over it so much trying to get every single conversation that I lost interest in actually completing the game.

lol. That is SOO me. I had the same thing happened to me. I wanted everyone who COULD get galeforce to have it but i ended up getting the "kids" too soon so they didnt' inherit it so all that time I spent just went to "waste." Also those conversation though fun at first, just got so long and annoying. I still love the game but I am playing too many other games (including FFT PSP so my strategy RPG quota is already maxed out because of it) to "focus" on FE: A. But after I beat the other games and I can give FE: A the attention that it needs, I will most definitely enjoy the heck out of it.

That said, I still stand by SMT IV being a bit better because of my personal preference by not by much once I can give FE: A the time it deserves.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS(3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#45OracleGunnerPosted 7/29/2013 12:46:04 PM
SMT IV
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#46dragoonslayer12Posted 7/29/2013 1:15:09 PM
I'm twenty hours in (SMTIV), and I've only completed the 1st mission. Been grinding and fusion demons thanks to those dlc's. I just want to fly through it so I can hop on Mario and Luigi immediately when that drops. I'll hop on FE after I'm done with Mario.
---
I believe not in the fairy tales of man made truth
#47ultronPosted 7/29/2013 1:24:32 PM
FE:A for me was more enjoyable, and more fulfilling.

SMT IV was lacking in the middle of the game, where it's just grinding and fusing. There wasn't much going on after the beginning, and nothing major happens until the endings where you actually have something interesting happening involving characters.

They're both good games, but delivered in different ways, especially in what they're trying to tell.
I do think I'll skip the next SMT game though if it's like IV, it just doesn't have much that I didn't see/figure out after playing a few hours. There's a lot of room for improvement with SMTIV, it's far from perfect.
---
3DS FC - 2148-8242-1614
#48RatheVPosted 7/29/2013 1:27:10 PM
I really didn't enjoy SMT, and ended up selling it a few days after buying. The combat system felt too simplistic to me - not to say there wasn't a lot of detail and thought put into the demons and mechanics, but I found out rather quickly it came down to who hits who first - the way weaknesses work, whichever side strikes first can generally continue doing so. Using this, I cheesed through most of the games bosses, but would still get wiped by random enemy encounters

Granted, I felt this system worked well in Devil Survivor, because you needed to take weaknesses into consideration when making teams and sending them around the map. But when it's just random encounters, it all feels arbitrary, IMO.

And I know that FE:A has similar balance issues, especially when compared to past games in the series. I just feel that the cast and conversations of that game really drove me through each battle, whereas SMT just felt stagnant. For similar reasons, I'm considering picking up Persona - I can deal with the battle system, as long as it's not the primary focus of the game.

All opinions and ranting aside, I'm still really looking forward to the future crossover - and to those of you who enjoy SMT or don't enjoy FE, that's fine!
#4922whiterabbit22Posted 7/29/2013 1:45:57 PM
SMTIV by miles.

FE was a bit disappointing, and didn't hold my interest as long as I had thought it would.

SMTIV blew my expectations out of the water, and is so addictive, something I never thought I'd say about any MegaTen.
---
Got Eggplant?