SMT IV or Fire Emblem?

#1esoteric42Posted 7/29/2013 9:20:39 AM
Which game are you enjoying more, SMT IV or Fire Emblem - Results (97 votes)
SMT IV
48.45% (47 votes)
Fire Emblem
51.55% (50 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Someone asked this, but didn't make a poll. So I made one.

For me, I really like SMT IV.

I've put in just over 100 hours in Fire Emblem.

I think SMT IV gets an edge because of the different types of gameplay involved.

I'm new to SMT though, and Fire Emblem I've played every one released in NA.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection and Animal Crossing at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
#2rupok93Posted 7/29/2013 9:24:09 AM
SMT 4 definitely. I feel like the core gameplay of fire emblem suffered in the new one. Especially how u can reclass so much and eventually it makes each character indistinguishable from each other. Furthermore, the maps for Fire emblem Awakening were horrible compared to past games, most of the maps are extremely similar and doesn't require strategy to travel. The only thing I liked about the game was the marriage system, it put a visual novel aspect to the game which I very much welcome.

SMT4 mostly improved from its predecessors.
#3iamtruthPosted 7/29/2013 9:34:06 AM
really excited to play fire emblem,my copy should be here by the end of the week.
#4supremeblasterPosted 7/29/2013 9:36:24 AM
I'd say SMT4. FE is too easily breakable(obviously not literally).
#5danny5329Posted 7/29/2013 9:39:40 AM
It would be FE:A > any other games for me before the release of SMT IV but now it's definately SMT IV. Best game, best RPG on the 3DS for now.
#6tranceaddict19Posted 7/29/2013 9:54:07 AM
FE is a childs game
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#7NeatNatePosted 7/29/2013 10:26:24 AM
I do not get the Fire Emblem backlash right now. Is it that it hit the tipping point of popularity so we have to hate it to keep gaming credibility? SMH.

Anyway, SMT 4 is really dull so far. Maybe it's because I haven't played many Fire Emblems, but it felt MUCH fresher. I feel like I've played SMT IV countless times already and it's not doing anything new. Combine that with a really awkwardly told story and uninspired environments and it's an easy win for Fire Emblem as far as I'm concerned.
---
Nate.
Pax Utopia
#8NeatNatePosted 7/29/2013 10:27:09 AM
Also: If you're complaining Fire Emblem sucks because you spent dozens of hours intentionally breaking the game, that's your own fault, not the game's.
---
Nate.
Pax Utopia
#9DynamicJumpIuffPosted 7/29/2013 10:50:03 AM
NeatNate posted...
I do not get the Fire Emblem backlash right now. Is it that it hit the tipping point of popularity so we have to hate it to keep gaming credibility? SMH.

What backlash? It's still probably the most beloved and most recommended game on this board. The only people who dislike it now are the ones who disliked it when they first played it.

Anyway, I gotta go with SMTIV here. The story suffers some pacing issues (mostly on the neutral path) and Walter and Jonathan's writing goes full r***** around the halfway point but overall, it was a much better experience for me than FE.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#10CyberSturmPosted 7/29/2013 10:58:08 AM
FE:A. Only cause I haven't played SMT IV. :3.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.