Finally spending my eshop $, whats the better Mario?

#1Gametrader15Posted 7/30/2013 5:38:22 PM
So I want a platformer, since I got DKCR3D and hated it i'm going to go with Mario.
So what's the better Mario game to get for a digital download. I havent played NSMB since the DS version and I played it thru once.
Im leaning towards NSMB2 only because i hear SM3DL is short and also its an old game and bound to drop in price soon and im hoping it will for holidays. At the same time as far as which I want to play more I think 3d land, but im not itching to play it right away so it would be worth it for me to wait for a price drop.
---
Tradegamesnow.com A trade website, and forum. Check out the community now.
#2ThunderPotatoPosted 7/30/2013 5:45:13 PM
Nintendo games almost never drop in price, waiting won't do you any good.
---
http://jgpgaming.tumblr.com/
#3Gametrader15(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 6:00:12 PM
They do after a very very long time and only some . THey become red label
---
Tradegamesnow.com A trade website, and forum. Check out the community now.
#4ThatKippPosted 7/30/2013 6:05:17 PM
Gametrader15 posted...
They do after a very very long time and only some . THey become red label

Yeah they aren't gonna do Nintendo Selects for 3DS and Wii U games any time soon.
---
http://dragcave.net/user/thatkipp >_>
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#5xIvan321Posted 7/30/2013 6:05:40 PM
NSMB2 is just as short as SM3DL. I tried it in a Kiosk and I didn't like it however SM3DL was pretty cool. NSMB2 tried something with the coins that doesn't work well with the gameplay, nor does it add on the experience unless you love nostalgia that much. It's pretty much the same gameplay and the same eight worlds you expect from previous side scrolling Mario titles... I'd much recommend you get the other New Super Mario games since they're a lot cheaper. Also, whatever you do, don't get Mario Kart 7 or else you're going to feel more ripped off than just buying the two other $40 Mario games.

Still feel justified? How about you just avoid Mario games altogether with this system... A lot of the Mario games for the 3DS seem to have a pretty poor reputation other than SM3DL or maybe the upcoming Mario and Luigi game.
---
Steam: xIvan321
#6ckfy63aPosted 7/30/2013 6:07:58 PM
Super Mario 3D Land is well worth the $40. I also enjoyed NSMB2, but Super Mario 3D Land very immersive, and it makes great use of the 3DS's unique features (Streetpass, 3D). To put it simply, if you have played/are a fan of Galaxy 2, go with 3D Land. If you are more of a fan of old school Mario/NSMB, go with NSMB2.

But I can assure you that 3D Land will not get a price cut before NSMB2. If anything, they'll get cut at the same time, kind of like the red-themed Mario games on DS.
#7x_stevey_xPosted 7/30/2013 6:09:21 PM
3dland is far from short, you have to beat 8 worlds with 5 levels each.. then 8 special worlds with 5 levels each.. and get all 3 coins in each level, and then each level with luigi,
#8dantegt4Posted 7/30/2013 6:23:55 PM
ckfy63a posted...
Super Mario 3D Land is well worth the $40.

x_stevey_x posted...
3dland is far from short, you have to beat 8 worlds with 5 levels each.. then 8 special worlds with 5 levels each.. and get all 3 coins in each level, and then each level with luigi,

this and this.
---
"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance" -
#9z0mgthiefbeefPosted 7/30/2013 6:49:46 PM
I believe Super Mario 64 DS is still $40. 3D land won't drop in price for YEARS
---
Currently Playing-Always months behind on this thing
WW>SS>aLttP>OoT>ST>MM>LoZ>TP>PH>Zelda II
#10king_reggie_28Posted 7/30/2013 6:51:13 PM
SM3DL is not short, and some of the levels near the end are pretty hard. NSMB2 is good, but it tries to add replay value with the quest to collect 1,000,000 coins, and gets repetitive near the end. Also, it's a pretty easy game, the only real challenge comes from the DLC packs.

Short answer: Get SM3DL.
---
"I am Butler. Everything I say sounds tough. Now get out of the lake, fairy." -Butler, Artemis Fowl and the last guardian