Who never played a game because of it's artstyle?

#1TheLastBladePosted 7/30/2013 7:52:58 PM
Are there any games you wouldn't play because of it's artstyle? Come on, it's ok to be honest.

Mines would be Devil Survivor 1 and 2.... Dear god, I hate that artstyle. I've seen terrible anime artsyle, but that's easily one of the worst I've ever seen. It only becomes even more disgusting when they to their anime expressions. EWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Because of that, I'll probably never play any games that artist touches.
#2CVNut13Posted 7/30/2013 7:54:39 PM
Off 3DS? Dangan Ronpa.

On 3DS? None as far as I know.
---
3DS FC: 5069-4029-7137 // Sister's FC: 2879-0827-4948
Name: Sancty (AC: Dark from Vensca) // Sister: Rathey (AC: Rathey from Flipside)
#3CaptainLukaPosted 7/30/2013 7:57:41 PM
I enjoy that art style, mostly because it's so far from the bland, generic anime styles I'm used to. It has a unique touch. To each their own.

But, no - I can't think of a single game that I've avoided for the art direction in particular. If anything, there are tons of games I've played solely FOR the art and the way things are designed. El Shaddai, Okami, Muramasa, Etrian Odyssey, The World Ends With You and tons of others.
---
PSN - Tyrannikos / 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Currently playing: Dynasty Warriors 8, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Digital Devil Saga
#4jedinatPosted 7/30/2013 8:02:55 PM(edited)
If Dwarf Fortress had a better art style I'd probably have been able to get into it, lol. (that's really encompassing UI and everything under "art style")

As it was, I was really impressed by what I played of it those few hours I almost got into it... The next day though, I just couldn't summon the energy to dig back in. That learning curve is vertical.
#5WrestlinFanPosted 7/30/2013 8:04:57 PM
On 3DS? No.

In general? Yes. Didn't play Yoshi's Story because the game looked so bad but not in an enduring way like SM64.
---
We're here. *blows out lantern*
#6YomerodesPosted 7/30/2013 8:08:02 PM
Not so much artstyle, but I seriously hate Shantae character design in particular and the whole Shantae franchise in general. I know the games are good, even great...but I just can't find the willpower to play them...even if they were free, I would still not play them.

In more pure examples about arstyle, I also dislike the Toriyama style for human characters in games like Dragon Quest and Chronno Trigger, fortunately in the latter case, the artstyle is almost unseen on the game itself.
#7Watt64Posted 7/30/2013 8:09:44 PM
WrestlinFan posted...
On 3DS? No.

In general? Yes. Didn't play Yoshi's Story because the game looked so bad but not in an enduring way like SM64.

SM64 doesn't look bad, but its easy to see that it was made a long time ago. But yoshi's story hurts my eyes...
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#8Kromlech06Posted 7/30/2013 8:17:58 PM
Yomerodes posted...
Not so much artstyle, but I seriously hate Shantae character design in particular and the whole Shantae franchise in general. I know the games are good, even great...but I just can't find the willpower to play them...even if they were free, I would still not play them.

In more pure examples about arstyle, I also dislike the Toriyama style for human characters in games like Dragon Quest and Chronno Trigger, fortunately in the latter case, the artstyle is almost unseen on the game itself.

It's okay, we know you find her attractive. ;-P (we all do, even the lady users)

I avoid dog-poop brown games. I don't think I've missed out on too much...
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#9Kuyama-kunPosted 8/6/2013 2:04:52 AM
Kromlech06 posted...
Yomerodes posted...

It's okay, we know you find her attractive. ;-P (we all do, even the lady users)

I avoid dog-poop brown games. I don't think I've missed out on too much...

>typical cod hater
#10NemerlightPosted 8/6/2013 2:05:49 AM
Well i did play few Atlus games but i never liked how they looked. So guess my answer is ...no.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.