I have no idea what Nintendo is doing with the Wii U.

#1DirtBasedSoapPosted 8/2/2013 5:30:38 PM
But the 3DS will be pretty much perfect after Pokemon and SSB3D. It's nice to see Nintendo put this much effort into their handhelds.
---
Posting from iPhone 7.
#2DirtBasedSoap(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 6:52:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3WickedSickJoshPosted 8/2/2013 8:03:28 PM
What till the end of the year when Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101, Sonic: Lost World and Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 come out this year. Then we still have Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, and whatever else comes out next year. The system will be fine. The 3DS went through the exact same troubles.
---
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: OOA (3DS), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Simpsons Tapped Out (iOS)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#4fire2boxPosted 8/2/2013 8:21:14 PM
WickedSickJosh posted...
What till the end of the year when Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101, Sonic: Lost World and Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 come out this year. Then we still have Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, and whatever else comes out next year. The system will be fine. The 3DS went through the exact same troubles.

Wii U confirmed for biggest price drop in Nintendo's history then?
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#5Starwars4JPosted 8/2/2013 8:22:23 PM
WickedSickJosh posted...

Miyamoto said that they were far enough along that they could have shown a trailer of the new Zelda game at E3, but held off due to too much Zelda and the fact that it is still pretty early, but that we may see it before the year is out. That leads me to believe we'll see something like:

Smash Bros: November 2014
Zelda: December 2014
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6Rurouni720Posted 8/2/2013 8:50:23 PM
fire2box posted...
WickedSickJosh posted...

So what? Remember what Sony also had to go through for the PS3? It's not like Nintendo can just let the $350 price tag ride itself out when they need to fix their situation on the console side.
#7WickedSickJoshPosted 8/2/2013 9:38:31 PM
fire2box posted...
WickedSickJosh posted...

You never know :-/
---
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: OOA (3DS), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Simpsons Tapped Out (iOS)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#8ClaytronicPosted 8/2/2013 9:42:05 PM
WickedSickJosh posted...

Keep in mind that people were saying almost the exact same thing during the early GameCube days, and things did not turn out well for that system:

Smash Bros. may have been available at the Cube's launch (practically), but people were mostly disappointed that a traditional Mario game wasn't around yet. "Just wait 'til next year! We're getting a new Mario in Summer 2002!" Mario Sunshine came and went with average reviews (selling, over its entire shelf life, approximately half of what Mario 64 sold), with some people outright hating it.

Then it was "Well, wait 'til Spring 2003! The new Zelda is coming then! That'll shut up all the Cube haters!" Wind Waker arrived, and while I and many others enjoyed it, the reality is that the art style put off too many of Ocarina's fans, and it ended up selling three million copies less than that game.

Then it was Mario Kart. "EVERYONE loves Mario Kart! If there's a game that will turn around this system's misfortunes, just wait until November 2003! Casual gamers and Nintendo veterans alike will be buying up systems like crazy to get a new Mario Kart fix!" Mario Kart: Double Dash sold two million less than Mario Kart 64.

By that point, the GameCube had been out for exactly two years, and its "big three" games failed to generate substantial system sales to match even the N64's 33 million units sold. In fact, the GameCube system itself only racked up worldwide sales of 22 million. Don't get me wrong, 22 million would be a substantial amount for any fledgling, new-to-the-console-wars video game company, but this was Nintendo. With their fourth system, no less.

Of course, the GameCube certainly had more problems than just the lukewarm reception of a few games (the whole "We're refusing online for our system" issue, for starters), but the perceived quality of many of the system's first-party games really hurt it.

I'm not trying to say (or even imply) that the Wii U will be a repeat of the GameCube. Personally, I'd love for it to pull a 180 similar to what the 3DS did and become a system that most are willing to own.

What I am saying is that it could just as easily go the other way, as shown with the GameCube, and that it's a little premature to predict, right now, which direction the system will head in terms of popularity and sales. For all video game systems, my rule of thumb is to give them two years from launch before attempting to make predictions regarding a console's future. By that point, you could start to get a whiff of things ending up poorly for the GameCube.

*wait for everyone to flame me to death for daring to compare the Wii U to the GameCube. sighs*

ALL I'M SAYING IS "WAIT SOME MORE BEFORE PREDICTING ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!" (at least this is on the 3DS board... maybe I'll be ok?)
---
A friend of mine thought that he had an NES toploader, until I informed him that it was a Super NES.
#9Yayyy123Posted 8/2/2013 9:44:44 PM
All that matters to me is that the Wii U gets a decent enough library. Until the SSBros. and the Mario Kart's of the world come out, I'm not touching that system. I couldn't care less about the lack of third party support, I have a PS3 and will get a PS4 for that. I just want more high quality stuff that the 3DS doesn't seem to have a problem maintaining. In my opinion, Nintendo needs to buy some extra game developers like Atlus to get the ball rolling for the Wii U.
---
Magical Mystery Tour is the most underrated Beatles album. People that agree: 13
3DS FC: 2766-8735-6538 Feel free to add me.
#10MarsfordPosted 8/2/2013 9:55:38 PM
Claytronic posted...
WickedSickJosh posted...

Keep in mind that people were saying almost the exact same thing during the early GameCube days, and things did not turn out well for that system:

Smash Bros. may have been available at the Cube's launch (practically), but people were mostly disappointed that a traditional Mario game wasn't around yet. "Just wait 'til next year! We're getting a new Mario in Summer 2002!" Mario Sunshine came and went with average reviews (selling, over its entire shelf life, approximately half of what Mario 64 sold), with some people outright hating it.

Then it was "Well, wait 'til Spring 2003! The new Zelda is coming then! That'll shut up all the Cube haters!" Wind Waker arrived, and while I and many others enjoyed it, the reality is that the art style put off too many of Ocarina's fans, and it ended up selling three million copies less than that game.

Then it was Mario Kart. "EVERYONE loves Mario Kart! If there's a game that will turn around this system's misfortunes, just wait until November 2003! Casual gamers and Nintendo veterans alike will be buying up systems like crazy to get a new Mario Kart fix!" Mario Kart: Double Dash sold two million less than Mario Kart 64.

By that point, the GameCube had been out for exactly two years, and its "big three" games failed to generate substantial system sales to match even the N64's 33 million units sold. In fact, the GameCube system itself only racked up worldwide sales of 22 million. Don't get me wrong, 22 million would be a substantial amount for any fledgling, new-to-the-console-wars video game company, but this was Nintendo. With their fourth system, no less.

Of course, the GameCube certainly had more problems than just the lukewarm reception of a few games (the whole "We're refusing online for our system" issue, for starters), but the perceived quality of many of the system's first-party games really hurt it.

I'm not trying to say (or even imply) that the Wii U will be a repeat of the GameCube. Personally, I'd love for it to pull a 180 similar to what the 3DS did and become a system that most are willing to own.

What I am saying is that it could just as easily go the other way, as shown with the GameCube, and that it's a little premature to predict, right now, which direction the system will head in terms of popularity and sales. For all video game systems, my rule of thumb is to give them two years from launch before attempting to make predictions regarding a console's future. By that point, you could start to get a whiff of things ending up poorly for the GameCube.

*wait for everyone to flame me to death for daring to compare the Wii U to the GameCube. sighs*

ALL I'M SAYING IS "WAIT SOME MORE BEFORE PREDICTING ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!" (at least this is on the 3DS board... maybe I'll be ok?)

Nope. I saw logic in this post. You will not be okay, ever.
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc