Am I the only one who isn't impressed with The 3DS and Nintendo?

#31waywardSaviorPosted 8/3/2013 3:41:01 AM
BannanaBomb2002 posted...
Ignoring all the biased ignorant opinions, the only system thats putting out games that are selling is the 3DS right now. Even if someone was cheap and wanted to hack the vita, there literally isn't one game to make it worth it. That's how piss poor its doing right now. If you feel that Nintendo is not on par to excellence then we are now at special olympics level of competition because then that would mean neither system is doing well and Nintendo is still winning.

The 3ds is actually doing extremely well right now. Something to the tune of 1.4 million units sold in the last financial quarter, and 11 million games sold in the same timeframe.
#32AhnoldDoodPosted 8/3/2013 3:41:08 AM
Not to mention how idiotic TC's second paragraph is (Yeah, lets just pretend all those 3DS sales don't exist), including his utterly stupid 14-year-old "I'm mature cuz I don't buy KIDDIE JUNK LOLOLOL", and his hypocritical statements (he b****es about how Nintendo "rehashes" their games yet cries when Nintendo doesn't release more decade old games on the VC).
#33middays_deepPosted 8/3/2013 3:55:21 AM
Don't listen to these jerks, TC.

I think you should look into MegaTen4, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Kingdom Hearts DDD, Theatrhythm, Ocarina of Time 3D and Virtue's Last Reward.

You might get pleasantly surprised by a few of them.
---
"I take back what I said, and I take back the take back before that."
#34DarkAdonis123Posted 8/3/2013 4:05:44 AM
I'm not impressed with the 3DS, but I do enjoy it. I own 15 games for it, and will buy 3 more before the year's end. My gripe with Nintendo is their absolutely incompetent handling of the Wii U.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#35ECOsvaldoPosted 8/3/2013 4:16:51 AM
Prometheus4208 posted...
Honestly, they wonder why people pirate Nintendo ROMs and buy flashcarts? Who wants to pay for New Super Mario Bros 2 when we've already played 10 different versions of it?

Hmmm, judging from your current list of games that you own:

Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland (Vita)
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Vita)
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (3DS)
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS)
Mortal Kombat (Vita)
Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Pokemon White Version 2 (DS)
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (PSP)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers (3DS)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin (PSP)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)

Who would want to pay for any of these games if they already played a previous version in the series? Answer that please.
---
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH
#36synthetiksinPosted 8/3/2013 4:26:33 AM
Didn't read much of it, mostly stopped at some dumb ramblings but I'm not impressed either. SMTIV and FE are the only games worth playing. DS is a much better system.
#37Reginleif20Posted 8/3/2013 4:34:01 AM
Prometheus4208 posted...
I grew up playing and loving the NES, SNES and N64. However since the N64 I have always thought of Nintendo as kind of a "gimmick" for the casual gamer. It's hard to take them seriously when it seems like they just rehash their games over and over.

I mean, lets be honest: the only reason they're even still in business is because of the DS. And a major reason the DS is doing so well is because they upgrade the model slightly every year or so and all the little kiddies convince their parents to buy them one. I had an original NDS and just recently upgraded to a 3DSXL. Now, don't get me wrong. It's a decent system. I have just been overwhelming unimpressed with the system as a whole over the past few years (Yes, I mean the DS, not specifically the 3DSXL model).

In fact, the only two games i've played and actually encourage people to play, are FE and EOIV. Every other "major" game has just been so... meh.

I just really wish Nintendo would start making some new and exciting games rather than dumping out rebooted Mario games all the time. Not only that, but start appealing to an older and more mature audience. Make an "M" rated game for once.

Furthermore, what the hell is up with the eShop? They claim they have a whole section for "Virtual Console" games, yet it's filled with GB, GBC and GAME GEAR garbage?! Oh awesome, I can't play Earthbound but at least I can play Crystal Warriors.... seriously?!?

Why not give the people what they want? Finally translate the Mother games, give us some (true) classic NES and SNES games, hell - maybe even port over some more N64 games. I can't be the only one who would shell out a few bucks to play Wave Race 64 on my 3DS. That is what would make this console worth keeping.

Honestly, they wonder why people pirate Nintendo ROMs and buy flashcarts? Who wants to pay for New Super Mario Bros 2 when we've already played 10 different versions of it? I've bought Ocarina of Time, MH3, Animal Crossing, Soul Hackers and Harvest Moon 3D and consider them all to be a waste of money. The other games I've played - SMT IV, Project X Zone, KH, Black/White 2 and Castlevania weren't bad (I actually liked SMT) but I would still consider them disappointing.

C'mon. I can't be the only one who feels this way, especially with the older audience.

Yes, you're unique
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#38Kings of EvilPosted 8/3/2013 5:09:15 AM
Being what you might call an older gamer (26) I would have to say I still like it. If you think that they need a mature game that's just pointless, a game's quality is not derived from the target audience it is pointed at and besides, it has resident evil revelations. I would say for every 5-10 games I have I usually like to have 1 mature game in there, not exactly what I'd call a necessity for any system. But more to the point, I like the games on Nintendo consoles, you can't get many experiences like what they put out on other systems and that's generally why I stick with Nintendo products, call me nostalgic or call me stuck in the past but I prefer them (even though I know it's going to be very similar mechanically) to the stuff I know will come out on other systems.
#39Bikes-Posted 8/3/2013 5:28:54 AM
>Asks for new games instead of mario rehashes
>Asks for Snes games a paragraph later

Hypocrisy much?
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#40pikachupwnagePosted 8/3/2013 7:17:50 AM
"I grew up playing and loving the NES, SNES and N64. However since the N64 I have always thought of Nintendo as kind of a "gimmick" for the casual gamer. It's hard to take them seriously when it seems like they just rehash their games over and over. "

Oh god no not one of these guys.

"I mean, lets be honest: the only reason they're even still in business is because of the DS. And a major reason the DS is doing so well is because they upgrade the model slightly every year or so and all the little kiddies convince their parents to buy them one. I had an original NDS and just recently upgraded to a 3DSXL. Now, don't get me wrong. It's a decent system. I have just been overwhelming unimpressed with the system as a whole over the past few years (Yes, I mean the DS, not specifically the 3DSXL model)."

This can't be serious...it can't be. DS did great because it combined a novel concept with affordability and a great library of games. New models helped but don't try to act like it would have been vastly less successful if they didn't release new models all the time. DS lite was the only one that really had that much of an effect and it still pales in compassion to the games

"In fact, the only two games i've played and actually encourage people to play, are FE and EOIV. Every other "major" game has just been so... meh"

Fair next.

"I just really wish Nintendo would start making some new and exciting games rather than dumping out rebooted Mario games all the time. Not only that, but start appealing to an older and more mature audience. Make an "M" rated game for once"

Oh god no...not one of these guys.

"Furthermore, what the hell is up with the eShop? They claim they have a whole section for "Virtual Console" games, yet it's filled with GB, GBC and GAME GEAR garbage?! Oh awesome, I can't play Earthbound but at least I can play Crystal Warriors.... seriously?!?"

They are putting handheld games on handheld VC. What is wrong with gameboy games? But yeah NES/SNES would be bossin

"Why not give the people what they want? Finally translate the Mother games, give us some (true) classic NES and SNES games, hell - maybe even port over some more N64 games. I can't be the only one who would shell out a few bucks to play Wave Race 64 on my 3DS. That is what would make this console worth keeping."

>2013
>Complains about rehashing and a lack of new exciting games
>Wants ports of old games to make the system worth keeping
>lol

"Honestly, they wonder why people pirate Nintendo ROMs and buy flashcarts? Who wants to pay for New Super Mario Bros 2 when we've already played 10 different versions of it? I've bought Ocarina of Time, MH3, Animal Crossing, Soul Hackers and Harvest Moon 3D and consider them all to be a waste of money. The other games I've played - SMT IV, Project X Zone, KH, Black/White 2 and Castlevania weren't bad (I actually liked SMT) but I would still consider them disappointing."

Dude don't exagerate so much. It really doesn't help you. There are 4 NSMB games. And I think this just isn't the system for you. Doesn't match with your tastes. Most those games have positive reception overall from critics and gamers.

"C'mon. I can't be the only one who feels this way, especially with the older audience"

The older audience is the one I generally see loving Nintendo. Kids and Adults. Teens often want to seem mature and cool so they shun so called "kiddie" games for "Mature" shooters and such. I see it in my cousins and on gamefaqs and on the Internet and in pop culture. Here is a quote that applies.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up"

C.S Lewis was a wise man.
---
Now with PREPOSTEROUS AMOUNTS OF TESTOSTERONE! PREPOSTERONE