fire emblem or shin megami tensei?

#1Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 8/5/2013 7:15:45 AM
what is the definitive strategy game on 3DS - Results (108 votes)
fire emblem
60.19% (65 votes)
shin megami tensei
39.81% (43 votes)
This poll is now closed.
lets settle it
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#2SupremeLord5050Posted 8/5/2013 7:17:42 AM
Fire Emblem to me was the best game on the 3ds. Helped by the fact that Radiant Dawn was big for a few wrong reasons and Shadow Dragon was terrible.
---
Go make some new disaster, thats what I'm counting on, You're someone else's problem, now I only want you gone
3ds fc: 2406-5240-2172
#3JurassicBondPosted 8/5/2013 7:26:34 AM
I didn't think SMT was even a strategy game. Isn't it just a regular turn based RPG?
---
Reading: Endymion - Dan Simmons
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#4PsychoGamer23Posted 8/5/2013 7:34:26 AM
JurassicBond posted...
I didn't think SMT was even a strategy game. Isn't it just a regular turn based RPG?

Yep.
---
Currently Playing: The Last Of Us, Max Payne 3, Shin Megami Tensei IV
#5Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 8/5/2013 7:39:54 AM
PsychoGamer23 posted...
JurassicBond posted...

Yep.

Some hav srpg elements tho, i jus watched some videos of devil survivor:overclocked(thats tha one where tha kids are trapped in tha locked down city, right? Wit those DS "comps"?)

battles are such that u move around a grid, like fire emdblem, and once u attack u go to a cutscene/fight scene, like fire emblem or project x zone, at which point its a standard SMT first person rpg turn based attack sequence. Once ur attack is over u go back to tha grid for movement and item use.
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#6BlackPhoenix127Posted 8/5/2013 8:18:17 AM
PsychoGamer23 posted...
JurassicBond posted...

Yep.

It's turn based but there's a lot of strategy and planning in it as well. One wrong move or a bad party combination can destroy you.

Honestly, the two games can't really be compared. They're completely different styles and go for very different things. I'd say both are must haves for any JRPG enthusiast.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#7CrisisOfFatePosted 8/5/2013 8:36:53 AM
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
PsychoGamer23 posted...
JurassicBond posted...

Yep.

Some hav srpg elements tho, i jus watched some videos of devil survivor:overclocked(thats tha one where tha kids are trapped in tha locked down city, right? Wit those DS "comps"?)

battles are such that u move around a grid, like fire emdblem, and once u attack u go to a cutscene/fight scene, like fire emblem or project x zone, at which point its a standard SMT first person rpg turn based attack sequence. Once ur attack is over u go back to tha grid for movement and item use.

Yes but DeSu O isn't a SMT game,it's a spinoff.
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
Proud supporter of NO Persona in SMTxFE
#8avenue20Posted 8/5/2013 9:52:41 AM
both of them
#9danny5329Posted 8/5/2013 9:55:46 AM
Wow , SMT IV is an SRPG ? Gimem a break TC.
#10DynamicJumpIuffPosted 8/5/2013 9:59:46 AM
SMT IV is an SRPG?
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma