StreetPass Puzzle Swap: How do I get puzzles to unlock?

#1decolley25Posted 8/7/2013 6:27:07 PM
I recently changed SD cards on my 3DS and for some reason during the swap, none of the new puzzles transferred (Nintendo Starlets, AC:NL, Mario and Luigi, etc.) even though I had already received several pieces for all of them.

Will these eventually unlock again or is it not possible to get all the old puzzles?
---
The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which [...] of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them. - Karl Marx
3DS: 0259-0302-2396
#2SalogyPosted 8/7/2013 6:53:11 PM
decolley25 posted...
I recently changed SD cards on my 3DS and for some reason during the swap, none of the new puzzles transferred (Nintendo Starlets, AC:NL, Mario and Luigi, etc.) even though I had already received several pieces for all of them.

Will these eventually unlock again or is it not possible to get all the old puzzles?

This is what you do. Take your old card, put it in your PC and copy it's contents to your HD. Then copy that onto your new SD. Put the new SD into your 3DS.

You need to use your old data if you want any of your old data in your current games. This includes puzzle swap. If you just want to throw away all your old data, then go ahead and get more streetpasses to unlock all the puzzles again. If you are having a hard time getting the new puzzles, turn on spotpass and collect a new piece. Actually go in a collect it and you will get a random new piece.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#3decolley25(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 7:29:40 PM
Hi thanks! I did this exact thing and for some reason due to the fact that I had previously done a system transfer from a 3DS regular to a 3DS XL - it would only copy over the data that existed following the system transfer. This included deleting all of my DLC for Fire Emblem, a lot of my save files for certain other games but not all, and most of my streetpass data for the Plaza as well as games like Theatrhythm and FE (but not AC:NL, for some reason).

I contacted Nintendo about this and they gave me some rigamarole about ambassador status only being able to be transferred once and that it couldn't be moved between cards and systems or something. SO that was super unhelpful.

If you could refer to my original question, do you know if the puzzles will unlock over time? I ask because I recently streetpassed with someone I know who has the AC:NL puzzle and it didn't offer me a puzzle piece for it when I streetpassed them. Thanks again!
---
The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which [...] of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them. - Karl Marx
#4SalogyPosted 8/7/2013 7:45:58 PM
decolley25 posted...
Hi thanks! I did this exact thing and for some reason due to the fact that I had previously done a system transfer from a 3DS regular to a 3DS XL - it would only copy over the data that existed following the system transfer. This included deleting all of my DLC for Fire Emblem, a lot of my save files for certain other games but not all, and most of my streetpass data for the Plaza as well as games like Theatrhythm and FE (but not AC:NL, for some reason).

I contacted Nintendo about this and they gave me some rigamarole about ambassador status only being able to be transferred once and that it couldn't be moved between cards and systems or something. SO that was super unhelpful.

If you could refer to my original question, do you know if the puzzles will unlock over time? I ask because I recently streetpassed with someone I know who has the AC:NL puzzle and it didn't offer me a puzzle piece for it when I streetpassed them. Thanks again!

If you did a system transfer from a 3DS to 3DSXL, you simply have to move the SD card in the 3DS into the XL. Your eShop account merges after you do a system transfer. If all your data you want was on the XL originally, then you're out of luck because system transfers make the source system the main system for data.

Puzzles are unlocked over time but only if there is a new one out. You can get a spotpass for a new piece when they're given out. Otherwise, you have to streetpass someone to get a piece from a puzzle you do not have. The reason you cannot take a piece from a puzzle you see is either that it is region locked or you have not done the spotpass update for that panel yet.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#5decolley25(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 1:14:01 AM
Thanks again, but you're still not listening. I'm not an idiot. I know how to manage my systems and cards.

I'm stating that I had already received all these things, I used my computer to transfer the data between SD cards. As I noted, my contact with Nintendo says this can cause problems if you've already done a system transfer.

Unfortunately, the transfer would not move all of the *new* data including streetpass puzzle pieces. SpotPass has nothing to do with anything because you can only get SpotPasses at specific times. So what I'm asking is, will all of the puzzles like Luigi's Mansion, Nintendo Starlets, M&L, etc. unlock AGAIN or will they never be possible to get? Sorry if I appear upset, but you continue to evade my question and act as if I don't know what I'm saying.
---
#6TediousMattPosted 8/8/2013 2:39:53 AM
I had a similar problem. I used the tool found here to format the new card.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_settings.jsp?menu=data management&submenu=ctr-ht-settings-transfer-data-between-sd

Then I copied the information again.
And it had all the data that time.
#7RocketZXbluePosted 8/8/2013 2:41:10 AM
decolley25 posted...

how'd you get all the panels the first time? you didn't get all the panels one your own 3DS you HAVE to pass people to get them.
so if you lost your puzzleswap data just pass someone who has ALL the panels grabbing a piece from a panel you're missing gives you that panel.
obviously you'll need to get the spotpass updates and system updates and etc up to date.
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME.
Admin of StreetPass San Jose Facebook page.
#8SalogyPosted 8/8/2013 11:28:37 AM
RocketZXblue posted...
decolley25 posted...

how'd you get all the panels the first time? you didn't get all the panels one your own 3DS you HAVE to pass people to get them.
so if you lost your puzzleswap data just pass someone who has ALL the panels grabbing a piece from a panel you're missing gives you that panel.
obviously you'll need to get the spotpass updates and system updates and etc up to date.

Thank you. I keep saying this but TC wants a different answer.

Salogy posted...
go ahead and get more streetpasses to unlock all the puzzles again.

Salogy posted...
Otherwise, you have to streetpass someone to get a piece from a puzzle you do not have.

---