Anyone have any luck with StreetPass Relay?

#1Kuebel33Posted 8/9/2013 8:54:47 AM
This Relay thing, does it let new Miis come to your plaza to give you puzzle pieces and stuff or is it just specific to the mini games?

Also, do you have to actually go in to nintendo zone on the system for it to work or can you just walk through the "zone"?

I've gone to a few and haven't got dick from any of them :(
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears3, ZombiU, Blops 2, NSMBU
#2Monkmaster79Posted 8/9/2013 9:06:57 AM
It works like a regular streetpass.
You don't have to go into the Nintendo Zone app.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list! 164 and counting!
#3Darius2301Posted 8/9/2013 10:30:27 AM
At lunch today, I walked over to the Barnes and Noble near my office and my green light came on right away.

I'm not sure if it was a "relay" or a "normal" SP but that B n N is listed as one of the Nitendo Zone stations on their website.
#4Dark_Link604Posted 8/9/2013 10:40:01 AM
Nothing so far. Walked passed my McDonald's three days in a row now. I'm probably the only relay point so far?
#5vu_cometPosted 8/9/2013 11:42:46 AM
I've tried at a couple locations, with no luck yet. So far it is just as good as I had before they came out with this idea...
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
Van Morrison is still a really cool cat. O.K.?
#6Jesse_DylanPosted 8/10/2013 7:26:48 PM
I'm hoping we'll have better luck as time goes on. Maybe most people just don't have the relevant update yet. It is getting a little depressing to drive my circuit, sitting outside Starbucks, McDonald's #1, then McDonald's #2, going into Best Buy (doesn't work from outside), hitting the AT&T store (which I swear doesn't even have their Nintendo Zone set up), then making my walk around the mall...

...and coming back with two streetpasses, which I'm not sure even came from the relay. I want to get a pass at each Zone! Hope that's how it'll be eventually.
#7desaigamonPosted 8/10/2013 7:30:45 PM
I got a StreetPass while going through the drive thru at McDonald's. Keep in mind, the relay only works if the 3DS has the latest update. As shocking as it may seem, not everyone updates their system firmware.
---
3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#8Akira1256Posted 8/10/2013 7:37:20 PM
...and not everyone enables StreetPass, either. -_-

Also keep in mind that depending upon the hardware/signal, you may need to be closer to it, and may need to stand within range for a moment or two before the 3DS recognizes the hotspot and connects.
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#9desaigamonPosted 8/10/2013 7:47:40 PM
Akira1256 posted...
...and not everyone enables StreetPass, either. -_-

Also keep in mind that depending upon the hardware/signal, you may need to be closer to it, and may need to stand within range for a moment or two before the 3DS recognizes the hotspot and connects.

Forgot about that! Also the 3DS needs to be turned on. I've seen kids power the system down and hand it over to their parent making it impossible for me to get their StreetPass data. >:(
---
3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#10Jesse_DylanPosted 8/11/2013 6:20:13 AM
My girlfriend always makes fun of me, saying I'm preying on kids to get their Streetpass data.

It is pretty hilarious to streetpass with wee tykes, but I think I've passed with adults more often than not. Maybe kids don't care about it. (I would have loved this shibizz as a kid though and made my mom drive me around trying to find people to pass with.)