So, IMO, animal crossing 3ds is boring and overrated.

#51SMASHKING84Posted 8/11/2013 7:52:20 PM
1.being able to swim
2.being the mayor
explain how 2 is plenty.

1. it's not apples to oranges
rune factory has all the "fun" elements of of animal crossing (talking to people,collecting stuff,decorating your house,playing dress up with your avatar) but rune factory has MORE then JUST those things.
like minigames,farming,and rpg elements.
it's literally the same gameplay but WAY better.

2.yes they do everytime i suggest someone play rune factory AS WELL as animal crossing they refuse to give rf a chance.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. ignoring Razieru,mariofan15,and any igenesis alts
#52EbonMagicianPosted 8/11/2013 8:05:56 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
1.being able to swim
2.being the mayor
explain how 2 is plenty.

rune factory has all the "fun" elements of of animal crossing (talking to people,collecting stuff,decorating your house,playing dress up with your avatar) but rune factory has MORE then JUST those things.

2.yes they do everytime i suggest someone play rune factory AS WELL as animal crossing they refuse to give rf a chance.

While I love funefactory, it feels too linear to really be much like animal crossing. It also lacks the vast amount of customization as in, custom patterns, custom house layout with custom curniture, custom tree placements and a randomly generated town.

That being said, I love the new Animal crossing quite a bit, but I am disappointed in it. I'm disappointed that it just feels like an expansion pack. It doesn't do anything HUGE to change up the series.

The next thing I want to see animal crossing do is allow you to place ANY furniture items in town anywhere as if you were placing it in your house. at least 1/3rd of the furniture seems like its actually designed to go outside. This mixed with custom patterns would make creating your own personal town much much more involved and in depth.

After visiting about 10 peoples dream towns, everything just starts looking the same... The town projects are really limited and lame. Placing furniture in town is really needed.
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491
#53Fight_The_PowerPosted 8/11/2013 8:10:08 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
1.being able to swim
2.being the mayor
explain how 2 is plenty.

Happy Home Academy, Dream Suite, working towards getting badges, working in the cafe, etc. Sounds like a lot more than 2.

Also I like how you list "being the mayor" as one thing, like being able to create a wide variety of Public Works Projects and set ordinances that affect the way the town operates is just "one" thing.

It's apples to oranges because you're comparing a f***ing RPG to a simulator.
---
The JahMan has cometh once again... and he is here to stay.
3DS FC: 0018-0111-4675. J.O.D. from Napoleon. Dream Address: 5400-2159-0837
#54parKb5Posted 8/11/2013 8:38:40 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
yes it is overated. for one thing it's just a rehash of wild world. for two people rune factory provides the SAME experience but because it gives you minigames and rpg elements it's trashed.

Who trashes Rune Factory? Rune Factory 3 was one of the most highly praised games on the DS on the DS board. I got it and couldn't get into it. I guess it was...wait for it...overrated! haha

Everyone loved Rune Factory 3 but I didn't, the difference is I didn't try to trash the game to people who liked it. I just realized that not every game can appeal to every person and chalked it up to that. I didn't try and convince people who liked the game that they were wrong LMAO.

People...sheesh
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki
#55GamerRafPosted 8/12/2013 6:42:23 AM
I enjoyed the one on Gamecube. The 3DS one is really overrated because Nintendo hyped it up. I just want an Animal crossing for the Wii U.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#56Storm ChamberPosted 8/12/2013 7:13:38 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
So just move on and not like it - whats the point of this topic? To inform us that some people don't like a niche genre game?

God you people are absolutely terrified of a different opinion

How can you live with yourselves?
---
"Sorry I get confused because the only two options on Gamefaqs are being an entitled whiner or bending over." - Gandalf the Istari
#57Aladdin2557Posted 8/12/2013 7:24:56 AM
The game is fine

It's just a game for kids and people who want to run away from their real lives
#58easymodexzPosted 8/12/2013 7:30:54 AM
I laughed my ass off reading this thread.
#59JKatarnPosted 8/12/2013 7:31:15 AM
Forty_Aces posted...
wrestlinfan pls.

You're expecting a well reasoned argument out of a poster with that user name? Lol.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#60laxnd23Posted 8/12/2013 7:43:30 AM
You don't know what overrated means then. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that the overwhelming majority of gamers and reviewers gave it a rating higher than what it deserves. That would be like me saying Humphrey Bogart was an overrated actor, despite the ridiculous amount of acclaim and praise his movies received. So it's rated just fine, you just don't like it.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823