3DS+PC is the only thing you need this generation.

#91GLDanzegoPosted 8/14/2013 9:06:43 AM(edited)
Nordini posted...

So, you agree that the inferior is too inferior to competition to be grouped in the same class as it. However, the only thing that determines generation for you is chronological release.

So if some company released an NES clone, you WOULD call it 8th generation, as chronological release is all that matters.

That's all I wanted to know.

My father is part of the generation before mine and his father was part of the generation before my father's. That's how generations work.

It's amazing that this actually confuses you. It's very simple how generations are defined and which system falls into which generation. The only confusion occurs within people like yourself who try to rearrange things based on measures not used to define system generations in the first place.

As for a NES clone, there already ARE several of those on the market....and that's ALL they are: NES clones. The point you're trying to make is invalid.

---
#92Devilman_AmonPosted 8/14/2013 9:32:01 AM
No you also need PS3 for Persona 5, J-Stars Victory VS, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle, Virtua Fighter 5 FS, Demon's/Dark Souls, Yakuza 3,4,5, GT6 and PS4 for FF XV, MGS V and KH III.

And you need Vita for Persona4Gold, Dangan Ronmpa, Soul Sarifice and Wii for The Last Story & Xenoblade Chronicles
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#93SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/14/2013 11:35:37 AM
You may not be able to play a handful of games without a home console, but you don't feel like you are missing out on anything with PC+DS/3DS. I can assure you that from experience.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#94UponADarkThornePosted 8/14/2013 12:25:17 PM
Why do people think you need to spend a grand on a gaming PC? I spent $300 on my laptop during a Black Friday sale and it plays most games this generation just fine. I can't run them on maxed settings, but I can get medium or high settings, and I have more options for control (<3 Keyboard + Mouse!) and have access to mods an the like.

Also, why do people insist that generation is based on power, contrary to what everyone in the industry says and what is commonly believed?

Even with EA's ****ing stupid "4th Generation" bull**** with Wii is 3rd and the Wii U is 4th.
#95UponADarkThornePosted 8/14/2013 12:41:33 PM
NightDrifter05 posted...
You'll be missing out on ALOT of great game's if you don't get a PS4 or a Xbox One. I would honestly replace PC with a console simply due to the fact I care more about the console library of game's then what PC has to offer. Not to mention their are alot of great console exclusives that the PC just can't match.

I'd argue that there hasn't been a console exclusive that could ever match Planescape: Torment and that game came out in '99 as a PC exclusive. And that's just the tip of the "you'll never see this game on console" iceberg.
#96Dark_AbaddonPosted 8/14/2013 2:24:52 PM
I can agree with that. I have added a Wii U to the mix just to grab a couple of games that interest me (Pikmin 3, X, SSB4, MH3U, and several others).

Yes, I am missing out on some exclusives by not having a Sony console/Vita (XBone is useless if you have a PC and a Sony console), but I am already backlogged for a few months, and games seem to be coming out faster than I can play them... I just would not have the time for another console.

tl;dr: for me 3DS + Wii U + PC is fine, I wouldn't have enough time for anything else on top of those 3.
---
3DS FC: 1633-4342-9490
#97ThunderPotatoPosted 8/14/2013 2:42:59 PM
3DS+PC is the first two I'd make sure to have, but a Wii U couldn't hurt and PS4 will probably have decent exclusives, though its too soon to tell.
---
http://jgpgaming.tumblr.com/