Looking at Mario&Luigi DT, it only makes me wonder.. what HAPPEND PM:SS?!

#1EbonMagicianPosted 8/11/2013 11:49:49 PM
I heard that there were all kinds of rumor as to why SS is the way it is, because Miyamoto had all kinds of rules about sticker star of what could and couldn't be in it.

Why is dream team so good then? how come it has so many unique enemies, NPCs and such? Did nintendo learn their lesson from sticker star?
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491
#2PaperDolphinPosted 8/11/2013 11:53:50 PM
Miyamoto didn't interfere.
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#3Forty_AcesPosted 8/12/2013 12:25:18 AM
Guess someone needs to inform TC that Intelligent Systems and AlphaDream are two different developer teams.
---
Chrono Trigger is overrated as s***, it's a FF rip off and FF isn't even good. - SMBfan13
#4EbonMagician(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 1:09:16 AM
Forty_Aces posted...
Guess someone needs to inform TC that Intelligent Systems and AlphaDream are two different developer teams.

I know that. But Intelligent Systems had made good paper Mario games. Miyamotos interference with paper Mario SS is believed to be its downfall.

The question is, why did he interfere with paper Mario and not dream team?
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491
#5MicroelectrodePosted 8/12/2013 1:29:27 AM
Miyamoto never used to be considered an "interference." He used to be considered the Midas of video games. Everything he touched turned to gold.

At least from 1985 through 1998. I remember Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time... man those were the good days...
#6toad133Posted 8/12/2013 4:22:12 AM
PaperDolphin posted...

I don't know if it was specifically Miyamoto, but Nintendo made several suggestions to AlphaDream on what they should do for Dream Team...however, AlphaDream didn't agree with any of their recommendations and so both teams got annoyed at one another. I suspect it was the same as Sticker Star.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#7esoteric42Posted 8/12/2013 6:19:51 AM
Alpha Dream has a different office (not located inside NCL) in Kyoto.

Intelligent System's office is located at NCL headquarters in Kyoto.

Miyamoto works at NCL headquarters.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection and Animal Crossing at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 8/12/2013 6:23:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9GamerRafPosted 8/12/2013 7:36:00 AM
EbonMagician posted...
Forty_Aces posted...

I know that. But Intelligent Systems had made good paper Mario games. Miyamotos interference with paper Mario SS is believed to be its downfall.

The question is, why did he interfere with paper Mario and not dream team?

I found Sticker Star to be enjoyable. You're trolling.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#10DaramuePosted 8/12/2013 7:50:12 AM
toad133 posted...
PaperDolphin posted...

I don't know if it was specifically Miyamoto, but Nintendo made several suggestions to AlphaDream on what they should do for Dream Team...however, AlphaDream didn't agree with any of their recommendations and so both teams got annoyed at one another. I suspect it was the same as Sticker Star.

How exactly do you know this? Do you have a source?
---
"I object....for objection's sake!" ~Franziska Von Karma
"How many horse-powers does it have, Mr. Nick? How many horsies?" ~ Pearl Fey