So, say my file for Dream Team corrupts again.

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 8/12/2013 2:54:39 PM
Redownloading it will fix it, along with keeping the file? That's what I heard, at least.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 2:56:44 PM
Did it mess up again? So sorry if it has... Have you tried contacting Nintendo about this?
---
I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy, I'm a Nintendo FANMAN.
#3Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 2:57:31 PM
Retrowire posted...
Did it mess up again? So sorry if it has... Have you tried contacting Nintendo about this?

No, I'm just afraid it's going to. I don't want to spam the hell out of backup, either.

I emailed them, but they didn't reply.
---
#4RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 2:59:36 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...

No, I'm just afraid it's going to. I don't want to spam the hell out of backup, either.

Oh man, you gotta call them! It's the best! They have Zelda waiting music! :D Sorry... But I've never had a problem not be solved quickly by the Nintendo Tech Support, they're great.
---
#5Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 3:01:06 PM
Retrowire posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...

Oh man, you gotta call them! It's the best! They have Zelda waiting music! :D Sorry... But I've never had a problem not be solved quickly by the Nintendo Tech Support, they're great.

I don't think it's worth calling them until it corrupts again. I tried calling them about my Miiverse ban and they just said "yeah, it's bad" and stuff when I was trying to explain how biased the system is. I don't want to get back on that subject, though. I just really hope this doesn't happen again. It can't be the SD card, as only this game got corrupted.
---
#6strongo9Posted 8/12/2013 3:01:26 PM
I understand the tough situation you're in, but would mind not spamming the 3DS and this board with topics about it? It's annoying.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#7RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 3:05:00 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...

I don't think it's worth calling them until it corrupts again. I tried calling them about my Miiverse ban and they just said "yeah, it's bad" and stuff when I was trying to explain how biased the system is. I don't want to get back on that subject, though. I just really hope this doesn't happen again. It can't be the SD card, as only this game got corrupted.

Then perhaps a redownload is in order. I'd back up the save file on the computer if possible. If a redownload doesn't work, consider reformatting the SD card itself so you can work with a clean slate, if, after a reformat you still have the problem then it's the SD card for sure.

Hopefully the redownload will work so it doesn't get that far. :D
---
#8RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 3:06:38 PM
strongo9 posted...
I understand the tough situation you're in, but would mind not spamming the 3DS and this board with topics about it? It's annoying.

If you've got nothing helpful to say, don't say it at all? I'm sure you've something better to do with your life than tell someone that "you understand their problems, but please shut up" on the internet?
---
#9Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 3:08:11 PM
Retrowire posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...

Then perhaps a redownload is in order. I'd back up the save file on the computer if possible. If a redownload doesn't work, consider reformatting the SD card itself so you can work with a clean slate, if, after a reformat you still have the problem then it's the SD card for sure.

Hopefully the redownload will work so it doesn't get that far. :D

Can't the 3DS just backup the file itself with that new update?
---
#10Aura_SpherePosted 8/12/2013 3:08:40 PM
Can't you use the Save Data Backup Tool?
---
how could you do this to me. on the year of luigi