So, say my file for Dream Team corrupts again.

#11Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 3:10:04 PM
Aura_Sphere posted...
Can't you use the Save Data Backup Tool?

I haven't used it before. How frequently should I use it with a game like Dream Team? Are there any downsides to using it?
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#12Aura_SpherePosted 8/12/2013 3:17:03 PM(edited)
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Aura_Sphere posted...

I haven't used it before. How frequently should I use it with a game like Dream Team? Are there any downsides to using it?

It's a back-up tool and I'm sure there aren't any downsides at all to using it. Although I would highly recommend taking advantage of it to avoid any future instances of this for digidownloads.

I guess the only downside is the backup files it stores on your SD card take up space but the sizes are usually very miniscule.

And I'd say make a backup at the end of every game session. I'm sure you can have more than one backup for each game as there are many slots you can save the backups to.
---
how could you do this to me. on the year of luigi
#13RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 3:15:20 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Aura_Sphere posted...

The Save Data Transfer Tool is used to pull save files from cartridges for safe keeping. Once it backs it up, it removes it from the cartridge and the save file can only be used again once the digital copy of the same game is bought. The Save Data Transfer Tool is only meant to be used for transferring saves from physical copies to digital copies. It's not really for this type of situation.
---
I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy, I'm a Nintendo FANMAN.
#14RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 3:18:25 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...

No, I'm just afraid it's going to. I don't want to spam the hell out of backup, either.

I emailed them, but they didn't reply.

Oh man, you gotta call them! It's the best! They have Zelda waiting music! :D Sorry... But I've never had a problem not be solved quickly by the Nintendo Tech Support, they're great.

I don't think it's worth calling them until it corrupts again. I tried calling them about my Miiverse ban and they just said "yeah, it's bad" and stuff when I was trying to explain how biased the system is. I don't want to get back on that subject, though. I just really hope this doesn't happen again. It can't be the SD card, as only this game got corrupted.

Then perhaps a redownload is in order. I'd back up the save file on the computer if possible. If a redownload doesn't work, consider reformatting the SD card itself so you can work with a clean slate, if, after a reformat you still have the problem then it's the SD card for sure.

Hopefully the redownload will work so it doesn't get that far. :D

Can't the 3DS just backup the file itself with that new update?

It can, but I wouldn't leave all that precious data in the responsibility of the machine that may be failing you. :/
---
#15Aura_SpherePosted 8/12/2013 3:19:25 PM
Retrowire posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Aura_Sphere posted...

The Save Data Transfer Tool is used to pull save files from cartridges for safe keeping. Once it backs it up, it removes it from the cartridge and the save file can only be used again once the digital copy of the same game is bought. The Save Data Transfer Tool is only meant to be used for transferring saves from physical copies to digital copies. It's not really for this type of situation.

That's different. I probably botched up the name (don't really know it) but to my knowledge theres a tool for transferring data from cartridge to digital and another for backing up your digital games.
---
how could you do this to me. on the year of luigi
#16Akira1256Posted 8/12/2013 3:22:05 PM
Nintendo calls it the "Save-Data Backup Feature."
(see http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/system-update for more details, for example)
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#17RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 3:23:44 PM
Akira1256 posted...
Nintendo calls it the "Save-Data Backup Feature."
(see http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/system-update for more details, for example)

That's the feature built into the update, yeah. Not the downloadable application from the eshop. I think the TC is already using this though. He's just wondering if it's enough. Does the feature backup the save to the SD card or the internal memory?
---
#18Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 3:25:02 PM
Wait.. At the shop, there's this thing called the "Software repair" tool.. Hmm, that sounds like it could be really useful.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#19RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 3:25:52 PM
Aura_Sphere posted...
Retrowire posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Aura_Sphere posted...

That's different. I probably botched up the name (don't really know it) but to my knowledge theres a tool for transferring data from cartridge to digital and another for backing up your digital games.

You may be referring to the backup feature that came with that last update then? I think he may already be using that, either way, let's all help the TC out as best we can. I wouldn't want my game to be corrupted time and time again.
---
#20RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 3:30:28 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Wait.. At the shop, there's this thing called the "Software repair" tool.. Hmm, that sounds like it could be really useful.

You referring to this? http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/71

Might be your ticket to success from the looks of it!
---