So, say my file for Dream Team corrupts again.

#41LeonHarkerPosted 8/12/2013 5:42:51 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
LeonHarker posted...
Delete any and all save files you have for the game and wait a couple of days and re-download the game. Maybe if you call Nintendo and ask nicely they can reimburse you for your trouble or maybe give you a free physical copy instead.

After the formatting, I started the game up again.

Okay, so I found this thing in my files. A file with a grey "?" on it. I deleted it, used backup to get my file back, and the game started up fine with my new file. I saved and turned the system off and on again to test it out, and the file was still there. Do you think that "?" in extra data might've been a glitched file?

Possibly could've been the problem but I wouldn't rule it out. What section was the data under?
---
I'm worried that one day I'll be getting a drink of water from a water fountain and someone will come up behind me and slam my head down.
#42RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 5:44:07 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
strongo9 posted...
Retrowire posted...
strongo9 posted...
I understand the tough situation you're in, but would mind not spamming the 3DS and this board with topics about it? It's annoying.

If you've got nothing helpful to say, don't say it at all? I'm sure you've something better to do with your life than tell someone that "you understand their problems, but please shut up" on the internet?

People, myself included, helped him in his last thread. This one is unnecessary.

I'm sorry.

Really? You'll apologize to this guy, but won't thank me for holding your hand through 3 pages of tech support on my own behalf?

How rude! If I'd known about this.... Why I never!
---
I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy, I'm a Nintendo FANMAN.
#43Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 5:44:28 PM
LeonHarker posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
LeonHarker posted...
Delete any and all save files you have for the game and wait a couple of days and re-download the game. Maybe if you call Nintendo and ask nicely they can reimburse you for your trouble or maybe give you a free physical copy instead.

After the formatting, I started the game up again.

Okay, so I found this thing in my files. A file with a grey "?" on it. I deleted it, used backup to get my file back, and the game started up fine with my new file. I saved and turned the system off and on again to test it out, and the file was still there. Do you think that "?" in extra data might've been a glitched file?

Possibly could've been the problem but I wouldn't rule it out. What section was the data under?

It was in Extra Data and used up no blocks.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#44Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 5:45:21 PM
Retrowire posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
strongo9 posted...
Retrowire posted...
strongo9 posted...
I understand the tough situation you're in, but would mind not spamming the 3DS and this board with topics about it? It's annoying.

If you've got nothing helpful to say, don't say it at all? I'm sure you've something better to do with your life than tell someone that "you understand their problems, but please shut up" on the internet?

People, myself included, helped him in his last thread. This one is unnecessary.

I'm sorry.

Really? You'll apologize to this guy, but won't thank me for holding your hand through 3 pages of tech support on my own behalf?

Dude, you've been really helpful, I just never got to post "thanks" and now I feel bad. :< I did format like you told me to and it's working great.
---
#45RetrowirePosted 8/12/2013 5:48:11 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
strongo9 posted...
Retrowire posted...

I'm sorry.

Dude, you've been really helpful, I just never got to post "thanks" and now I feel bad. :< I did format like you told me to and it's working great.

sniff sniff* WELL... If you really MEAN it.... I guess... I can forgive you. *blows nose* :D
---
I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy, I'm a Nintendo FANMAN.
#46Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 5:49:12 PM
c: Yaaaay.
---
#47pikachupwnagePosted 8/12/2013 5:49:45 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...
Did it mess up again? So sorry if it has... Have you tried contacting Nintendo about this?

No, I'm just afraid it's going to. I don't want to spam the hell out of backup, either.

I emailed them, but they didn't reply.

When did you email them?
---
Now with PREPOSTEROUS AMOUNTS OF TESTOSTERONE! PREPOSTERONE
#48Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 5:52:31 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Retrowire posted...
Did it mess up again? So sorry if it has... Have you tried contacting Nintendo about this?

No, I'm just afraid it's going to. I don't want to spam the hell out of backup, either.

I emailed them, but they didn't reply.

When did you email them?

About 12-15 hours ago. I understand they're busy though.

So, do you know what the "?" files could be?
---
#49LeonHarkerPosted 8/12/2013 6:07:51 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
So, do you know what the "?" files could be?

My guess would have to be that it is/was a result of a bad download(and playing the game created it which could've conflicted with the save file) or maybe from the repair tool.
---
I'm worried that one day I'll be getting a drink of water from a water fountain and someone will come up behind me and slam my head down.
#50HungoverHero777Posted 8/12/2013 6:19:35 PM
You bought it digitally? Ah.
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.