after hearing about "mega evolutions.."

#11SoeroahPosted 8/13/2013 7:54:23 AM
Ditto has been mega evolving since the first generation, in a way. In fact, Ditto gets new moves when he transforms, Mega Pokemon only get a model change, new ability and increased stats.

And the marvelous thing about it is its COMPLETELY optional.

Really, the fact you didn't know it was temporary just shows you were willing and ready to complain and skip a generation based on things you didn't put any effort into clarifying. How do you expect anyone to take your opinion seriously like that?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#12pikachupwnagePosted 8/13/2013 7:57:27 AM
Razieru posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
This is a pretty stupid reason to skip an entire generation of pokemon.

Oh, bucket those tears already dear. EVERYONE knows how dumb and, yet again, poorly implemented another "bright idea" of Gamefreak's is. Mega evolutions are as dumb as Meloetta's battle-exclusive form change. Oh WAIT - that's EXACTLY what they are! Get over it.

I am not sure you live in the same reality as I do. Come back when you know what you are talking about.
---
Now with PREPOSTEROUS AMOUNTS OF TESTOSTERONE! PREPOSTERONE
#13RazieruPosted 8/13/2013 8:02:18 AM(edited)
RatheV posted...
I love mega evolutions. It shows that gamefreak isn't afraid of change, but genwunners (and others, as TC demonstrates) are. I mean, seriously? You haven't even looked at Mega Lucario, yet you're going to hate it?

Ah, so naive. It's fuzzy harping like this that gives companies the green light with their poorly executed shenanigans. Keep wailing in ignorance - mega evolutions are nothing more than a poorly implemented mechanic much like Meloetta's and Cherrim's battle-only form changes.

And how mature of you to call someone a "Genwunner". Is this supposed to make you look like the cool guy who gets all the girls or something? It's nothing more than a lame ad hominem launched at everyone who admires the past more than the desperate and bland future of Pokemon.

pikachupwnage posted...
I am not sure you live in the same reality as I do. Come back when you know what you are talking about.

Hm, nothing to retort with here as usual other than you basically saying, "Your views differ from mine. Come back after I'm done crying."
---
You are hilarious; jokes are meant to be hilarious. - Razieru
#14pikachupwnagePosted 8/13/2013 8:05:56 AM
Razieru posted...
RatheV posted...
I love mega evolutions. It shows that gamefreak isn't afraid of change, but genwunners (and others, as TC demonstrates) are. I mean, seriously? You haven't even looked at Mega Lucario, yet you're going to hate it?

Ah, so naive. It's fuzzy harping like this that gives companies the green light with their poorly executed shenanigans. Keep wailing in ignorance - mega evolutions are nothing more than a poorly implemented mechanic much like Meloetta's and Cherrim's battle-only form changes.

And how mature of you to call someone a "Genwunner". Is this supposed to make you look like the cool guy who gets all the girls or something? It's nothing more than a lame ad hominem launched at everyone who admires the past more than the desperate and bland future of Pokemon.

pikachupwnage posted...

Hm, nothing to retort to here other than you basically saying, "Your views differ from mine. Come back after I'm done crying."

Here is a poll from the X board asking what people think about mega evolutions

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66939320

Only about 10% dislike it.

About 70% have positive feelings.

About 20% are unsure.
---
Now with PREPOSTEROUS AMOUNTS OF TESTOSTERONE! PREPOSTERONE
#15RazieruPosted 8/13/2013 8:10:09 AM(edited)
^ Because the GameFAQS community of all people are the majority, let alone credible? Heh, yeah right. And remember, we're talking about the Nintendo audience alone here, so always take that with a grain of salt.
---
#16rahxephon122Posted 8/13/2013 8:10:30 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
Razieru posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
This is a pretty stupid reason to skip an entire generation of pokemon.

Oh, bucket those tears already dear. EVERYONE knows how dumb and, yet again, poorly implemented another "bright idea" of Gamefreak's is. Mega evolutions are as dumb as Meloetta's battle-exclusive form change. Oh WAIT - that's EXACTLY what they are! Get over it.

Oh don't worry.
Chances are Razzle Frazzle doesn't know what he's trying to rant about.
You should've seen this post he made about saying Earthbound 2 and 3 would be hitting the eshop since Nintendo is such a money-grabber. And this was after a whole topic of ranting about Earthbound. Pretty sure anyone who knew what they were talking about would know that Earthbound IS the 2nd game. Or that the first and third games in that series hasn't been localized and them being in the eshop would be amazing.

So yeah, not a different reality, just trying to troll without a clue.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#17GloryChaosPosted 8/13/2013 8:14:54 AM
Yeah TC, I agree. They look hideous. I'm getting tired of gamefreak ruining old pokemon. They started this crap in Gen 2 by evolving Onix and Seadra. Gen 4 did this by needlessly evolving Electabuzz, Rhyperior, etc, so I skipped it the same way I skipped Gen 3. Now they're doing this crap again. Temporary evolutions that are in battle only and barely change the way the pokemon looks? Count me out. Endgame is right. Pokemon is dead.

I mean, have you SEEN Ampharos?! They practically but a wig on it! SMDH.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#18RazieruPosted 8/13/2013 8:15:28 AM
rahxephon122 posted...
Oh don't worry. Chances are Razzle Frazzle doesn't know what he's trying to rant about.

Always so bitter, Rah Rah. It is evident you only came here to whine and troll with froth from our last argument that shut you up, so spare the extra tears.

You should've seen this post he made about saying Earthbound 2 and 3 would be hitting the eshop since Nintendo is such a money-grabber. And this was after a whole topic of ranting about Earthbound. Pretty sure anyone who knew what they were talking about would know that Earthbound IS the 2nd game. Or that the first and third games in that series hasn't been localized and them being in the eshop would be amazing.

Yeah, let's bring up OLD news to dwell on for your poor excuses for rebuttals. That "argument" was....ages ago, was it not? Think of something better than an ancient vendetta to fling into the battlefield, Rah Rah.

So yeah, not a different reality, just trying to troll without a clue.

What do you think this sloppy spill you just spewed here amounts to? Have you anything relevant to actually say that's on topic, dear? Or are we going to reminisce about the good OLD days of OLD topic banter? Your call, Rah Rah.
---
#19AceMosPosted 8/13/2013 8:19:18 AM
RAz if you hate pokemon thats fine

if you hate nintendo thats fine

but why do you spend so much time on nintendo boards talking about them?
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#20wingblade98Posted 8/13/2013 8:20:12 AM
inorite? a pile of sludge is much more original than that crap! what's this? an electric sheep dragon? a magnet was more creative amidoingitrightguys?
---
R.I.P gamegrumps
killed by a steam train