help me decide if 3ds is worth getting?

#1shads3055Posted 8/13/2013 12:19:28 PM
I liked Mario back in the day, and Zelda. I kind of miss it.

im getting xbox one for next gen. and I have 2 ps3 games on pre order not running to get them but maybe. a part of me wants to use the 60 dollars on one pre order, the 40 dollars and the other and put it towards a used 3ds I see at gamestop.

I see a lot of old games coming on the sytem and it might fun to have to play on the couch while watching tv.

can you buy money cards like psn cards for 3ds to dl the various games since it seems better to do so then getting disks? does gamestop sell those things?

will the 3ds be around for a few more years say 5 or so and is it worth getting? or is it kind of a waste if your only going to maybe get 3 or 4 games or just want Mario .

im on the fence
#2sumostickfigurePosted 8/13/2013 12:40:10 PM
shads3055 posted...
can you buy money cards like psn cards for 3ds to dl the various games since it seems better to do so then getting disks? does gamestop sell those things?

http://www.gamestop.com/nes/dlc/nintendo-eshop-20/110216
That said, 3DS games don't come on disks and all games purchased on the Nintendo eshop are tied to the system, so you would lose all your downloaded games if you lose your 3DS.

shads3055 posted...
will the 3ds be around for a few more years say 5 or so and is it worth getting? or is it kind of a waste if your only going to maybe get 3 or 4 games or just want Mario .

I don't think anyone can really say how long the 3DS will last, but it's doing rather well for itself and I can't imagine Nintendo giving up its support for the thing until their next handheld is ready to be put on the market (whenever that might be). That said, if you like first-party Nintendo games such as Mario and Zelda, I don't think you can really go wrong with the 3DS unless you happen to be rather particular about what sorts of Mario or Zelda games you like (such as only being interested in, say, the 3D Mario platformers or the 3D Zelda games you typically see on home consoles and not being interested in side-scrolling Marios, Mario spinoffs, or top-down Zelda games).
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#3shads3055(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 2:01:17 PM
mmm ok thanks