Help me decide what game to get

#11moondog84Posted 8/13/2013 6:17:35 PM
Reel Fishing Paradise 3ds
---
Spaceballs the Signature
#12DynamicJumpIuffPosted 8/13/2013 6:30:57 PM
mtKing52 posted...
Is SMT IV that good or is it just because of the promotion?

It's great but the promotion doesn't hurt.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#13Anema1986Posted 8/13/2013 11:15:14 PM
i could recomend you tales of abyss over Shin Megami Tensei or Etrian Odyssey, Tales is an action rpg, so you control everything on you character and of course everything happen in real time, plus the story is quite good, Shin Megami and Etrian are the classics turn based rpg, just stuffed with a lot of options for customization, EO is just a grindfest, so if you dont like to spend hours grinding on rpg, that game isnt for you, also the plot is practically inexistent, just an excuse for the game, SMT is much more better in the plot department, but is pretty much EO but with plot and demons instead of regular skills

to me, action rpg are way better, since you cant just smash a button to finish the fights.
---
The only time where a bible is useful is in a castlevania game
#14ThatSageGuyPosted 8/13/2013 11:31:40 PM
Anema1986 posted...
i could recomend you tales of abyss over Shin Megami Tensei or Etrian Odyssey, Tales is an action rpg, so you control everything on you character and of course everything happen in real time, plus the story is quite good, Shin Megami and Etrian are the classics turn based rpg, just stuffed with a lot of options for customization, EO is just a grindfest, so if you dont like to spend hours grinding on rpg, that game isnt for you, also the plot is practically inexistent, just an excuse for the game, SMT is much more better in the plot department, but is pretty much EO but with plot and demons instead of regular skills

to me, action rpg are way better, since you cant just smash a button to finish the fights.

You're a little off there about EO, the 4th game has almost no required grinding, the only times I felt grinding was necessary, were during the 2nd dungeon (because it's so short) and during post game (but by then it's quick to lv up). And sure EO was never known for it's plot, but I can't say the plot in SMT4 was much better.

But I agree with you about tales, it has the best story of the 3 games listed.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
FC: 5043-1666-5680 ACNL Town: Etria.
#15EarthLord_CJPosted 8/14/2013 1:44:56 AM
I want to say Tales of the Abyss, but it's one of the more controversial Tales games, and quite often, those who try a Tales game and find that they don't like it are turned off the series indefinitely.

But as long as you like Nintendo-based series and as long as you're even a little bit of a core gamer, you'll most likely enjoy Dream Team.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#16x_lone_x_wolf_xPosted 8/14/2013 1:55:37 AM
I have all those games and Mario & Luigi is the best game on that list easily. It has a long boring opening but when the tutorials end it's a really fun game.
---
"He's dead! I love him.... Oh he's breathing.... Loser!"