System transfer question

#1BaileyBuddyPosted 8/14/2013 2:18:59 AM
So my current XL with all my games etc has only 1 transfer left, and I've gotten myself a new black XL (sexy).

When I try to transfer from my current to the black XL, it warns me that it will no longer be able to take part in any transfer, and I assume that includes transferring to it?

If so, is it wise to transfer from my black to current XL, which will merge the eshop data( I think) so that I get to keep my games and redownload them, and still be open to future transfers? Or does the eshop data(nothing) on the black XL replace the one on my current on?

Thanks in advance for the replies :3
---
"Enter the Vaike!" - Vaike
#2sumostickfigurePosted 8/14/2013 2:33:55 AM
BaileyBuddy posted...
Or does the eshop data(nothing) on the black XL replace the one on my current on?

This. When you do a system transfer, data from one system overwrites data on another system.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#3BaileyBuddy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 3:01:40 AM
sumostickfigure posted...
BaileyBuddy posted...
Or does the eshop data(nothing) on the black XL replace the one on my current on?

This. When you do a system transfer, data from one system overwrites data on another system.

After I transfer to my black XL, will I still be able to transfer TO it?
---
"Enter the Vaike!" - Vaike
#4PlaysaverPosted 8/14/2013 5:47:33 AM(edited)
The e-shops will merge, But I don't know if going from your new black 3ds to your old 3ds would even bump up the number of transfers on the old 3ds. It might still set that old 3ds to 0 after the transfer and then you'd have to call nintendo to see if it could be reset. Keep in mind that when you do a transfer you have to wait a week before you can do another transfer with any of the 3ds's involved in that transfer.
I'm thinking you need to call nintendo now before you do a transfer to see if there is anyway around this unnessary problem.

When you transfer from one 3ds to another 3ds, the 3ds your transfering from overwrites the data for things like Mii plaza puzzles and stuff on the 3ds your transfering to. Normaly that is fine since the 3ds you'd normaly be transfering to is new and doesn't have much real data to be lost.