Will the new Pokemon game beat Grand Theft Auto V in sales?

#61Jakerific44Posted 8/15/2013 9:42:07 PM
Most likely.
---
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
#62blh88Posted 8/15/2013 10:04:32 PM
FrozenSneak posted...
call of duty is starting to get stale.

Understatement of the century.
---
so delicious and moist
#63keybladeXIIIPosted 8/15/2013 10:11:27 PM
Pokemon could actually beat out GTA V considering it's the first time they're doing a WORLDWIDE release just like GTA V is doing.

Also, there's the fact that for the DS games, there are literally millions of people who pirated the games for DS and it's sure to have affected sales. Since the 3DS is not really hacked yet, we could see a boost in sales.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster
#64SoeroahPosted 8/15/2013 11:37:32 PM
Nordini posted...
Necrosis07 posted...
Archite posted...
GTA is a cultural phenomenon. I'm not even exaggerating.

And Pokemon isn't?

Pokemon is a tired phenomenon. It doesn't hold the influence or widespread popularity it used to. It's not just the game sales either. It's the merchandise, the television show, and how much it is talked about. I remember back when Red & Blue came out EVERYONE knew about pokemon. Parents and other non-gaming adults knew "pikachu". Now, I doubt most parents are even aware Pokemon games are still being made.

Pokemon keeps beating that dead horse without enough innovation. None of the generations since perhaps generation 2 have held that same kind of charm that was so captivating. They may still be super fun for "gamers" but generation 1 and even 2 had a charm that made it fun for gamers and non-gamers alike.

GTA, on the other hand, is innovating as always. They are utilizing the latest console gaming technology and constantly pushing boundaries both technologically and morally. Pokemon stays exclusive to Nintendo consoles which hold the weakest technology, and the franchise sticks to the same formulas.

Ah, that'd explain how Nintendo sold a hundred thousand 3DS XLs because they came packaged with Pokemon within the 9 hours they went up for purchase.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#65MCcakePosted 8/16/2013 12:01:01 AM
I voted maybe because we'll have to see how Japan sells, first. If we're talking about in America alone, then it's GTA territory, no question.
---
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170(Mickey; ACNL: Jam)
PM me if you add me, or I won't know you exist x:
#66retrogamer28Posted 8/21/2013 11:12:32 AM
Gen VI Pokemon games in general (XY, possibly Hoenn remakes, and Z/XY2) will likely outsell it, but mainline Pokemon games only have incredible legs until the next mainline release, so in the long run GTAV will almost certainly outsell XY alone.
I imagine at the end of each games life, XY will sell around 18 million+, and GTAV will sell 25 million+ at the minimum I think (people think it will be better than IV, which has reached 25 million). If we count all of gen VI for Pokemon though, than I think it could reach 24 million and up without remakes, and 32 million and up with remakes.

TL;DR: XY alone won't outsell GTAV, but if we count all of gen VI and there are Hoenn remakes I think it could beat it.
---
DK `94 is my Dark Souls
#67Gulma1Posted 8/21/2013 12:54:40 PM
I'd say easily it is the most anticipated release of 2013 and it has a lot of potential being the first main pokemon on 3ds
---
Donkey Kong 3D Country
#681337gamerpr0Posted 8/21/2013 3:11:37 PM
Klon_Redfield posted...
HaloOfTheSun442 posted...
No way. Anyone voting yes is misinformed and/or delusional.

This

Pokémon has absolutely no chance at all, GTA V will double Pokémon X/Y sales easily...

oh come on, it's not gonna outsell Pokemon that badly
#69bruno1983brPosted 8/21/2013 4:10:41 PM
I voted maybe. Here's why:

The fact GTA V is multiplatform makes gives it an advantage, but Pokemon X & Y is actually 2 games, right? It's a hard call.
#70CoolFangsPosted 8/21/2013 7:54:50 PM
I wouldn't be surprised by it happening, however it seems unlikely.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Borderlands 2, Half-Life 1
3DS FC: 0989-2237-3314