Etrian Oddyssey IV demo on EU eshop ONLY 3 USES?! WTF?! F*** THAT S*** >:(

#1HellsingOrgPosted 8/15/2013 10:23:59 AM
My foot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.kicking Nintendo and Atlus butt

Seriously what the f*** is happening to gaming industry?
When I grew up I would play PS1 demo discs of Tony Hawk Pro Skater for months with friends over and over again. I still have the disc somewhere.

Now on my PS Vita and PS3 I have multiple demos that I've played a few times and they never expire.

BUT Nintendo likes to be a jerk or something because with the 3DS and Wii U they started this garbage system of putting usage limits on demos.

Now sure something like 30 uses or 60 uses is pretty chill.

BUT 3 tries of a demo and NEVER being able to use it again is just BULL S***

This is despicable I mean I like to try the demo and maybe play it a few more times before the full game comes out.

I also want to show it off to friends that don't own a 3ds.

But nope it has a 3 usage limit.

This is some EA, Capcom and Ubisoft level of DRM restriction garbage and I never though Nintendo would stoop so low.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2yankee6903Posted 8/15/2013 10:25:32 AM
Personally I dont like or understand the usage limit. That being said though, 3 uses is enough to determine if you like EO4 or not.
#3HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 10:29:21 AM
yankee6903 posted...
Personally I dont like or understand the usage limit. That being said though, 3 uses is enough to determine if you like EO4 or not.

I used it briefly for a few seconds and then turned it off because I wanted to play something else.

Now I realized that I have only 2 chances to play it and I hate restrictions.

I like to practice with games before they come out.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#4NatatteruPosted 8/15/2013 10:30:09 AM
yankee6903 posted...

It's probably not enough if you want to get the most of the demo though, since it saves maps and characters for the actual game.
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW XBL: Natatdood
Mains: P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - AE: Cammy/Ibuki - 3s: Makoto - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi - Dragon's Crown: Elf
#5Nickcool1996Posted 8/15/2013 10:30:29 AM
Better play till you hit the end of the demo so you can transfer that data to the actual game.
---
Atlus Fans In General: http://i.imgur.com/yyrgQjP.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
#6RazieruPosted 8/15/2013 10:30:53 AM
Inb4 a flood of pitiful excuses defending the limited plays of something already limited, starting with Baha05.
---
When I become a moderator, I'm going to delete every little post that ruins people's lives.
#7BeanBeanKingdomPosted 8/15/2013 10:33:53 AM
Whoa, that's very limited. Oh well, having played the first one I already know what to expect at least.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#8gfaqsterPosted 8/15/2013 10:34:06 AM
but but... almighty nintendo and the god atlus maker of smt games are not wrong.

It is your fault tc for not being hardcore and beating the demo in 1 sitting.
Oh and its your fault for being poor and only able to afford 1 3ds because if you had 2 then you could keep the demo forever on sleep mode on your 3ds and never lose 1 use of your demo ;D

/sarcasm

Yeah this really sucks I hate when Nintendo does weird stuff like this.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#9UponADarkThornePosted 8/15/2013 10:38:51 AM
The demo limitation thing is ****ing stupid, but at the same time, if you can't tell if you want to play the game after you pick it up the first time, you really don't want it.
#10Hardley_SmithPosted 8/15/2013 10:39:26 AM
thats what you get for living in a third world country
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight