best mario rpg game

#11AnclationPosted 8/16/2013 11:25:09 AM
PaperDolphin posted...
How does Mario RPG have such high votes? It's the weakest one in every aspect except characters.

Nostalgia.

And for the record, I wasn't particularly impressed with its cast of characters either. Geno in particular is overrated as hell.
---
We Endorse The Creation of Majora's Mask 3D:
http://www.facebook.com/OperationMoonfall
#12bruno1983brPosted 8/16/2013 6:13:10 PM
PaperDolphin posted...
How does Mario RPG have such high votes? It's the weakest one in every aspect except characters.

It was developed by Squaresoft back when they were the best RPG developer that ever existed. That's why.
#13SegavsCapcomPosted 8/16/2013 6:21:20 PM
Why is SMRPG on top?

ITT Nostalgia
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom
#14WrestlinFanPosted 8/16/2013 6:26:17 PM
Mario RPG is my answer.
---
We're here. *blows out lantern*
#1521_21Posted 8/16/2013 6:32:42 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Why is SMRPG on top?

ITT Nostalgia

I played it for the first time very recently and I believe it deserves to be in the top!
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
#16SegavsCapcomPosted 8/16/2013 6:35:20 PM
21_21 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
Why is SMRPG on top?

ITT Nostalgia

I played it for the first time very recently and I believe it deserves to be in the top!

I have played it recently as well. Its good, but it's outclassed with more modern titles that have perfected the formula.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom
#1721_21Posted 8/16/2013 6:39:13 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
21_21 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
Why is SMRPG on top?

ITT Nostalgia

I have played it recently as well. Its good, but it's outclassed with more modern titles that have perfected the formula.

What exactly do you mean by perfecting the formula? The only "improvements" I've seen with later titles are the battle system, but that alone doesn't necessarily warrant better games overall.
---
Currently playing:
SMT IV, Ys Origins, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
#18Lui_GarPosted 8/17/2013 1:55:15 AM
21_21 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
21_21 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
Why is SMRPG on top?

ITT Nostalgia

What exactly do you mean by perfecting the formula? The only "improvements" I've seen with later titles are the battle system, but that alone doesn't necessarily warrant better games overall.

You forgot characters, story, humour and gameplay. SMRPG is bland in comparison to the rest because they made the Mario RPG formula simply better.
---
Gengar should get Nasty Plot.
#19RedblueredPosted 8/17/2013 2:00:42 AM
Ive said it before, and ill say it again.SMRPG is an overrated, outclassed game. The amount of votes it's gotten is embarrassing. The fanboys need to stop trolling and admit it: SMRPG is far from the best.
#20DragonwarriordudePosted 8/17/2013 6:30:41 AM
There's just something about LotSS....
---
Sig.