Japanese Promotional Streetpass puzzles.

#1MKVaranaPosted 8/16/2013 12:30:19 PM
So, does anyone on this board (with a Japanese 3DS) have the Big Mac or ANA airport puzzles?

If so, have you tired Streetpassing another Japanese 3DS that did not have any of the pieces? Were they able to see or take them?

I also have a Japanese 3DS and would like to obtain these puzzles, but would like to know if it is actually possible to obtain them or not without having obtained them at the Nintendo Zones during the time blocks they were offered.
---
Former GameFAQS Username - Irregular Hunter X
Megaman Battle Chip Challenge - Navi Code Site: http://www.geocities.com/mkvarana/index.htm
#2AdamantBMagePosted 8/16/2013 5:30:13 PM
They're completely unavailable to all who didn't download them from the long discontinued event booths. Sorry.
#3lambchipsPosted 8/16/2013 8:44:20 PM
I was about to make this topic too

AdamantBMage posted...
They're completely unavailable to all who didn't download them from the long discontinued event booths. Sorry.

so you CANT streetpass for them? can you confirm if thats the case?
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#4sunny_red51Posted 8/18/2013 8:05:33 AM
Hello. I am pretty sure this is the case. I have a Japanese 3DS and live in Japan. I did not get the special puzzles because I had just gotten my 3DS at around that time and didn't know anything about StreetPass and the Mii Plaza until after they had ended.

I StreetPassed someone earlier this year who had two puzzles that I couldn't see or take pieces from. I'm assuming they were the Big Mac and ANA puzzles. I have all the other puzzles finished but rarely come across anyone with those puzzles (puzzles I can't see or take pieces from). It kind of makes sense that only those who actually went to McDonald's or an airport to download the pieces would get the puzzles. I'm guessing you would have had to download the puzzle data to have access, which was only available through the places giving them out.

Hope that helps!
#5ThadBarrPosted 8/23/2013 7:09:32 AM
sunny_red51 posted...
Hello. I am pretty sure this is the case. I have a Japanese 3DS and live in Japan. I did not get the special puzzles because I had just gotten my 3DS at around that time and didn't know anything about StreetPass and the Mii Plaza until after they had ended.

I StreetPassed someone earlier this year who had two puzzles that I couldn't see or take pieces from. I'm assuming they were the Big Mac and ANA puzzles. I have all the other puzzles finished but rarely come across anyone with those puzzles (puzzles I can't see or take pieces from). It kind of makes sense that only those who actually went to McDonald's or an airport to download the pieces would get the puzzles. I'm guessing you would have had to download the puzzle data to have access, which was only available through the places giving them out.

Hope that helps!

How disappointing. But thank you for the comprehensive answer--I was always wondering about this.