What is the reason behind this?

#1AtykymPosted 8/17/2013 4:28:45 PM
I might sound like an idiot, but why can't Nintendo just localize every single game they produce? They can just get a lot of staff for localizing team and localize all the games for all regions and get tons of money out of them. Why wouldn't they do that?
---
US 3ds Friend Code: 2406-5195-4198
<~~~~~[*_*]~~~~~>
#2mrjack3112Posted 8/17/2013 4:30:24 PM
They consider economics for popular games. Not games people know about
#3Baha05Posted 8/17/2013 4:31:25 PM
Because it costs money to localize games and sometimes a game doesn't sell well enough to see a return investment
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#4IrateGameFAQerPosted 8/17/2013 4:39:36 PM
Atykym posted...
I might sound like an idiot, but why can't Nintendo just localize every single game they produce? They can just get a lot of staff for localizing team and localize all the games for all regions and get tons of money out of them. Why wouldn't they do that?

You do realize it costs money to localize, right? Pkus advertising, making carts (anf ot digital material)...money that can be lost if there's no demand or interest in the game. Plus in other countries, they have to localize multiple languages, which takes more resources.

Think mcfly, think
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!
#5jovewolfPosted 8/17/2013 4:48:38 PM
it also costs money to get rated by the local rating board as well - at least last I heard the ESRB cost several thousands of dollars just to get a rating.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#6Grand_BluePosted 8/17/2013 5:25:06 PM
I don't know, popular games like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Elder Scrolls, etc get released at the same time almost everywhere.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#7Primum_MobilePosted 8/17/2013 5:31:40 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
I don't know, popular games like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Elder Scrolls, etc get released at the same time almost everywhere.

The keyword here is "popular". Not every game is popular. And the unpopular game simply isn't going to earn back the extra cost to localize.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#8serenade_betaPosted 8/17/2013 5:52:52 PM
*facepalm*
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Megami Tensei 4, Etrian Odyssey Untold
#9surferguy7Posted 8/17/2013 5:55:21 PM
You gotta pay for localization.

There's the text itself, voice acting (if applicable), coding, marketing, ESRB, and actually paying the employees that do this stuff.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#10Atykym(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 6:07:35 PM
IrateGameFAQer posted...

Think mcfly, think

Heh, funny.
---
US 3ds Friend Code: 2406-5195-4198
<~~~~~[*_*]~~~~~>