Pokemon on the VC.

#11Frost_LASERPosted 8/17/2013 9:34:03 PM
Houle posted...
You mean how the remakes fix all the glaring problems and general crappiness of the 1st gen games?

It fixes all the problems sure, but the first has its broken charm. The third generation is by far the worst and I stand by that. I will absolutely admit that it's a superior game to the originals and they fix and add on to the originals so much so that yes, they are irrelevant. However, there is still a charm of having critical hits be tied with speed, bug type being super effective against poison type, having missingno., the sprites looking bizzare - some ugly while some looking pretty bad ass, not having to deal with rock smash to get Mewtwo (all you really need is surf since you can bypass most of the areas that require strength).

Basically the first games still have that unpolished niche role for single player dick arounds.

You forgot all the badass sound effects. The pure terror when Starmie used bubble beam on my charmeleon, not to mention hyper beam's sound.
#12The VGAPosted 8/17/2013 9:38:30 PM
because the Game boy emulator doesn't support mutiplayer like the Game Gear one does.
(Ha, Sega Does what Nintendon't still!)
---
You know what worse then MLP fan boys? MLP haters. and people who stop reading before they get the full message.
*Proud to be a Brony*
#13SMASHKING84Posted 8/17/2013 10:00:16 PM
lol someone just admited gen 1 is broken then tried to claim gen 3 is still worse.
i hate people who cannot admit old games have flaws that new games don't and that makes new games bettter.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.Playing Xillia And Dream Team.
#14HoulePosted 8/18/2013 8:18:31 AM
lol someone just admited gen 1 is broken then tried to claim gen 3 is still worse.
i hate people who cannot admit old games have flaws that new games don't and that makes new games bettter.

Except gen 1 was interesting and didn't require me to use an HM to get through a segment of the game every 5 minutes. You could beat the game with only using cut twice, strength once, surf is a non issue because it's a good movie, and can avoid flash altogether.

Mechanically gen 3 is better than 1. It is tighter, it has abilities, evs, bigger roster, better pretty much everything except feel, and level design. I got bored exploring most of that region. The aesthetics felt like an RPG maker game and having to use an HM wasting move slots were more apparent in that game as well. I have no qualms about gen 4 or 5 and rank them far above 1. But for what 1 was at the time of its release and even its quirks and brokenness it is still a more fun game to tool around in and enjoy.

It's like saying Super Mario Bros is a worse game than New Super Mario Bros Wii because the latter has better graphics, tighter gameplay, and is mostly the same but improved on what Super Mario Bros was. However, it's so boring compared to the original because it has that weird sort of off charm to it being so out there.
---
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8107/1272263103885.jpg http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3103/wtfits.jpg
#15bruno1983brPosted 8/18/2013 10:37:27 AM
They want to concentrate sales on the new one. If people started going back, the audience would be divided and this worse for the publishers. Also, they believe it would cannibalize sales.
#16GenoPosted 8/18/2013 10:50:19 AM
For the most part, Nintendo of Japan has come out to say this general approximation of why Pokemon isn't on Virtual Console yet:

"We're too lazy to go in and adjust these games to allow you to trade with other people."

And honestly, what fun is Pokemon if you can't even 100% the Pokedex?
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#17mjc0961Posted 8/18/2013 11:04:35 AM
Houle posted...
and can avoid flash altogether.

Only because you've played the game so many times you know how to get through without Flash. If you're new to the game, you can't avoid it. Nice try though.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#18BuretsuPosted 8/18/2013 11:06:07 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Houle posted...

Only because you've played the game so many times you know how to get through without Flash. If you're new to the game, you can't avoid it. Nice try though.

IIRC Gen 1 had the Pause Trick, where if you pressed Start to bring up the menu in a dark cave, the surrounding area would be lit up for a brief period.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#19OoSubaruoOPosted 8/18/2013 11:22:46 AM
Why play Red/Blue, when you could play Fire Red and Leaf Green?
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#20HoulePosted 8/18/2013 2:12:12 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Houle posted...

Or because you can see the walls, trainers, and ladders on high contrast or doduo gameboy
---
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3315/aerodactylab4.png http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/7528/knucklesai2.jpg