I just finished the Etrian Odyssey IV Demo...

#1WiseWarrior101Posted 8/18/2013 1:40:05 AM
I tried it immediately after it came out, and didn't like the first-person dungeon exploring aspect, so I deleted the demo and decided not to get it. Today I was in need of a new game, and realizing that I didn't give it a proper chance before, re-downloaded it and completed the entire demo. It turns out I LOVE it, and I ordered it on eBay. The moral of the story is, never give up on a game in less than five minutes. Though I'm pretty sure that's common knowledge. :P
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831
#2albertojz356Posted 8/18/2013 1:42:07 AM
The same thing happened to me but I didn't give it a second chance, maybe I should re-download the demo and give it a second chance like you did.
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#3LightHawKnightPosted 8/18/2013 1:45:03 AM
I almost never buy a game without fully researching it before. Researched EOIV, well not much since I did play the previous games, bought it and loved it. Never looked back. Only game I ever regret buying is SS... Anyways, good purchase. A great game, tons of difficulty and tons of fun.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#4WiseWarrior101(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 1:50:38 AM
albertojz356 posted...
The same thing happened to me but I didn't give it a second chance, maybe I should re-download the demo and give it a second chance like you did.

Do it! The worst that can happen is you don't like it. I'd give it at least 15 minutes of dungeon gameplay.
---
#5megamanx1291Posted 8/18/2013 1:51:28 AM
I really like it, I might get the past entries now.
---
There is a 0% chance of this happening.
3DS Fc: 0087-2393-7303
#6albertojz356Posted 8/18/2013 1:57:50 AM
WiseWarrior101 posted...
albertojz356 posted...

Do it! The worst that can happen is you don't like it. I'd give it at least 15 minutes of dungeon gameplay.

Ok i'm convinced I'll try it again, i'm just not used to games like that it might be why I wasn't convinced the first time.
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#7WiseWarrior101(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 2:02:09 AM
albertojz356 posted...
WiseWarrior101 posted...
albertojz356 posted...

Ok i'm convinced I'll try it again, i'm just not used to games like that it might be why I wasn't convinced the first time.

I'm not either. The only other dungeon crawlers I've played were Pokemon Mystery Dungeons, which in my opinion are laughable compared to Etrian Odyssey.
---
#8DarkHeroRavenPosted 8/18/2013 11:57:45 AM
Playing the EU demo at a convention convinced me to buy the DS games before its release on the 30th. I'm playing through EO3 right now :P
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#9scorchrePosted 8/18/2013 1:28:50 PM
I finished the EU demo on Friday. I've reached level 10 on one of each available class. I've beaten 2 of the 3 FoE's (The Kangaroo ones on the world map can go **** themselves) I've gotten the best equipment on all 7 of my characters that I can get, and I've amassed around 10,000 en. Think I'm done with the demo until the game's released! I still have it on sleep mode so I can go make more money whilst I'm watching TV.

Pretty excited for it, I've been waiting for this ever since it was released in the US at the beginning of the year :p

Then we get Soul Hackers about a week after EOIV is released!
---
Playing - Tales of Xillia (PS3), Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (PSX), Dragon Quest VIII (PS2), Dragon Quest IX (DS) Wild ARMs 4 (PS2)
#10nonexistingheroPosted 8/18/2013 1:36:16 PM
WiseWarrior101 posted...
I tried it immediately after it came out, and didn't like the first-person dungeon exploring aspect, so I deleted the demo and decided not to get it. Today I was in need of a new game, and realizing that I didn't give it a proper chance before, re-downloaded it and completed the entire demo. It turns out I LOVE it, and I ordered it on eBay. The moral of the story is, never give up on a game in less than five minutes. Though I'm pretty sure that's common knowledge. :P

You'd think that, but if it were, the Wii U board wouldn't be infested with people who play through The Wonderful 101 demo once (or not even) and then whine about the game being too complex and confusing.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.